Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl Receives Praises for Her 'Normal' Bikini Body at Miss USA 2014
Swimsuit competition was one of the most popular segments in Miss USA 2014. While the other contestants looked great, Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl was the one who got praises on Twitter from viewers because of her "normal" bikini body. Her curvier and healthier figure made her look stunning among the contestants, who wore similar white bikinis, although she did not make it to the semifinals and top 10.
"I love how Miss Indiana isn't crazy skinny," a Twitter user named Katie Plowman commented on the 25-year-old beauty's bikini body. "Dear #MissIndiana thank you for looking like an average woman. #SwimsuitCompetition," praised Stephanie Watson. Abby Snyder was upset that Mekayla did not win the contest, tweeting, "I really wanted Miss Indiana to make it to the top 10. She was the only girl up there who had a relatively normal body. #MissUSA2014."
On June 8, Mekayla took to Twitter to respond to people's positive reactions. "So cool I worked hard on my body without obsessing over being too skinny and I couldn't be more proud," she wrote and included a link to an article about her bikini body.
Miss USA 2014 was held on Sunday night in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The winner is 24-year-old Miss Nevada, Nia Sanchez.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group