Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl Receives Praises for Her 'Normal' Bikini Body at Miss USA 2014
Swimsuit competition was one of the most popular segments in Miss USA 2014. While the other contestants looked great, Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl was the one who got praises on Twitter from viewers because of her "normal" bikini body. Her curvier and healthier figure made her look stunning among the contestants, who wore similar white bikinis, although she did not make it to the semifinals and top 10.
"I love how Miss Indiana isn't crazy skinny," a Twitter user named Katie Plowman commented on the 25-year-old beauty's bikini body. "Dear #MissIndiana thank you for looking like an average woman. #SwimsuitCompetition," praised Stephanie Watson. Abby Snyder was upset that Mekayla did not win the contest, tweeting, "I really wanted Miss Indiana to make it to the top 10. She was the only girl up there who had a relatively normal body. #MissUSA2014."
On June 8, Mekayla took to Twitter to respond to people's positive reactions. "So cool I worked hard on my body without obsessing over being too skinny and I couldn't be more proud," she wrote and included a link to an article about her bikini body.
Miss USA 2014 was held on Sunday night in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The winner is 24-year-old Miss Nevada, Nia Sanchez.
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London