Sigourney Weaver: Dana's Son Will Continue the Legacy in 'Ghostbusters 3'
Sigourney Weaver dished on the newer generation of Ghostbusters to be featured in the upcoming third movie. The original actress who plays Dana Barrett in the first two installments spilled that her character's son in the second film would be included in the new film.
"I said, I have one condition want my son Oscar [from Ghostbusters II] to be a Ghostbuster," Weaver recalled a conversation with "Ghostbusters 3" screenwriter Ivan Reitman in a recent interview with Vanity Fair. "And he said, 'We've already done that.' "
The script is penned with the help from Etan Cohen. He said they're "together for hours every week, working on it really closely." He also revealed that Dan Aykroyd was overseeing it, "No one can speak the language of Ghostbusters like he can."
The late Harold Ramis was originally expected to return for the threequel along with Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, and Rick Moranis. Reitman who directed the first two films opted to sit out the directing seat for this film after Ramis died on February 24 due to illness.
Phil Lord and Chris Miller ("The Lego Movie", "22 Jump Street") then were courted to helm the pic, but they turned it down. "Right now, we're just super tired and we want to take a break," they reasoned. "We're doing a TV show with Will Forte. So, we don't really know what we're gonna do next, we just know we can't jump into another movie like that right away."
"Ghostbusters 3" eyes an early 2015 start. Director Ruben Fleischer is now reportedly in talks to do the job, but nothing has been officially set in stone. The original film will be re-released by Sony in theaters this Labor Day weekend ahead of the arrival of a new Collector's Edition Blu-ray.
Moranis shared his own thoughts on what his character might be up to years after the second film, "He's in prison, a cellmate of Bernie Madoff's. They compete to see who can make their bed first in the morning." Hudson, meanwhile, believed his character would be "the C.E.O. of the Ghostbusters franchise. I just hope that he wouldn't be on a walker or [in] a wheelchair. And hopefully we'll still be able to wear the backpacks."
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!