Sandra Bullock Gets Emergency Protective Order Against Home Intruder
Sandra Bullock has obtained a restraining order against a man who broke into her house over the weekend, TMZ reports. A 39-year-old man named Joshua James Corbett was arrested on Sunday, June 8 after the police received a report of a man "checking out" the actress' property in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles at around 6:30 A.M.
Corbett allegedly gained entry to the Oscar-winning actress' property through the back door. As reported by CNN, LAPD Officer Wendy Reyes said on Monday that Corbett was charged with felony residential burglary and was being held in a Los Angeles jail on $50,000 bond. Law enforcement sources additionally told Today.com that Corbett was obsessed with Bullock and that he might keep a diary devoted to the actress.
Bullock was at home with her 4-year-old son Louis when the intruder broke into the house. The actress' publicist later told PEOPLE that the "Gravity" star was "unharmed and fine."
The scary incident took place only a few hours after Bullock attended Spike TV's Guy's Choice Awards to receive the Decade of Hotness honor, presented by her three favorite men Keanu Reeves, Hugh Grant and Matthew McConaughey. "Decade of hotness, my question was what decade because I have several under my belt. It really should be decade of hot mess, that I can own," Bullock said on stage.
"I'm here because someone dropped out and they needed someone quickly and they know I'm home on Saturdays," she continued, thanking everyone who contributed to her success. "I'm just one of the luckiest girls I know, and three of the people that I'm just so crazy about are right next to me. Thank you for this night."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story