First 'Frontera' Trailer Starring Eva Longoria, Ed Harris
Magnolia Pictures' "Frontera" has given the first look into the film with the release of a trailer. Eva Longoria, Ed Harris and Michael Pena team up for the drama that touches the subject of immigration problems.
Set in the tumultuous Border area of Arizona and Mexico, "Frontera" follows the events that take place after a former Arizona Sheriff's wife (Amy Madigan) is killed while riding on their Ranch property. It would appear a Mexican man (Pena) crossing in to the US illegally is at fault.
As former Sheriff (Harris) and current Sheriff (Aden Young) search for answers, lives are changed forever and the facts as to who is really at fault in this tragedy are nearly as tenuous and complex as the issues and tensions between the people who live in this region on either side of the line.
"The level of talent among the actors was amazing. I felt bad for having overqualified actors doing such small parts, but I think that's what makes this story great. There's not a weak part on it by acting at all. It's a very solid movie," director Michael Berry told Reel NM.
"Frontera" was screened at Albuquerque Film and Media Experience on Sunday, June 8. It will be released on demand July 31 and in theaters September 5.
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?