Tracy Morgan's Rep Denies Leg Amputation Reports
A representative for Tracy Morgan said that the actor's recovery from a car accident over the weekend would be "arduous." The representative, Lewis Kay, shared some info regarding the comedian's condition in a statement to media on Monday, June 9, saying that some info about Morgan was false.
"His fiancee Megan is by his side. The concern for his well-being has been overwhelming, but Megan is respectfully asking that the media await official word through these channels before speculating (mostly inaccurately) on his condition," the statement read.
"Rumors about amputating his leg are completely fabricated. As we shared yesterday, Tracy had surgery on his broken leg. We are working closely with the incredible staff at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital to share information when it is available. This recovery will be arduous and we hope that you can be patient during this difficult time," it continued.
In a previous statement, Morgan's camp explained that the actor was in critical but stable condition. He suffered from a broken leg, a broken femur, a broken nose and several broken ribs following the serious accident which took place on Saturday morning, June 7 near Cranbury Township, New Jersey. Two other passengers in the car were also in critical condition and they were treated at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Center in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
A Wal-Mart truck driver named Kevin Roper of Jonesboro, Georgia who allegedly caused the crash has been charged with death by auto and four counts of assault by auto. He was released on Saturday night after posting a $50,000 bail. He is expected to appear in court on Wednesday.
According to a criminal complaint filed on Monday, Roper drove "without having slept for a period in excess of 24 hours" prior to the crash. In response to the news, Wal-Mart has issued a statement saying that they would investigate the accident.
"With regards to news reports that suggest Mr. Roper was working for 24 hours, it is our belief that Mr. Roper was operating within the federal hours of service regulations," the company's spokesperson Brooke Buchanan said in a statement, as quoted by CNN.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation