Halle Berry to Pay Gabriel Aubry $200,000 a Year in Child Custody Settlement
Halle Berry finally reaches a settlement with her ex Gabriel Aubry in the child custody dispute. The actress is ordered by judge to pay the former model $16,000 per month aka almost $200,000 a year.
The hefty amount was determined during a Los Angeles court session on May 30. Berry is to support her and Aubry's 6-year-old daughter Nahla until she turns 19 years old or she graduates from high school. The former couple will share equal custody of her and split her health care expenses.
In addition to the child support, Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon also awarded Aubry $115,000 in retroactive support and $300,000 to Aubry's attorneys to "cover the costs of their custody dispute."
Berry and Aubry dated from 2005 to 2010. Their split prompted a nasty custody war over Nahla, especially when the actress revealed the intention to bring her over to France to live with her and then-boyfriend Olivier Martinez against Aubry's wishes. They finally reached an initial custody agreement in 2012.
More Halle Berry News
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London