Halle Berry to Pay Gabriel Aubry $200,000 a Year in Child Custody Settlement
Halle Berry finally reaches a settlement with her ex Gabriel Aubry in the child custody dispute. The actress is ordered by judge to pay the former model $16,000 per month aka almost $200,000 a year.
The hefty amount was determined during a Los Angeles court session on May 30. Berry is to support her and Aubry's 6-year-old daughter Nahla until she turns 19 years old or she graduates from high school. The former couple will share equal custody of her and split her health care expenses.
In addition to the child support, Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon also awarded Aubry $115,000 in retroactive support and $300,000 to Aubry's attorneys to "cover the costs of their custody dispute."
Berry and Aubry dated from 2005 to 2010. Their split prompted a nasty custody war over Nahla, especially when the actress revealed the intention to bring her over to France to live with her and then-boyfriend Olivier Martinez against Aubry's wishes. They finally reached an initial custody agreement in 2012.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'