New Trailer for HBO's 'The Leftovers' Sees the Breakdown After the Rapture
HBO further teases viewers with a new sneak peek for its rookie series "The Leftovers". The video shares some never-before-seen scenes as it continues to highlight the intense situation following the disappearance of 2 percent of the Earth's population.
While the experts and the government seek scientific explanation to what has happended to the missing people, some others turn to God to ask for forgiveness and miracle, but a man doubts that it was the rapture as written on the Bible. Others, including Justin Theroux's Kevin Garvey, have a breakdown and there are some physical confrontation, particularly caused by the appearance of cult members wearing white.
"We want them to remember something they want to forget," Liv Tyler's says. A man, seemingly quoting a passage from the Bible, says, "For whoever is joined with all the living, there is hope." Another guy, meanwhile, sees it as a test for "what comes now."
Based on the bestselling novel by Tom Perrotta, "The Leftovers" is co-created by Damon Lindelof ("Lost"). It tells the story of the people who didn't make the cut as the world struggles to understand just what they're supposed to do after 2% of the world's population abruptly disappears without explanation.
Theroux plays a father of two and the chief of police in a small New York suburb, who tries to maintain some semblance of normalcy when the notion no longer applies. Tyler's Meg is a young woman who is about to be married, but needs an escape. She is recruited to join a cult following the Rapture.
The drama series will debut Sunday, June 29 at 10 P.M. ET on HBO.
More The Leftovers News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance