Jennifer Lopez Cancels Plan to Perform at World Cup Opener in Brazil
Jennifer Lopez is no longer expected to perform the World Cup official song during the tournament's opening ceremony in Brazil later this week. FIFA officials said on Sunday, June 8 that the singer couldn't perform at the event due to unspecified "production issues."
A representative for the Bronx singer has confirmed the news. "We can confirm the accuracy of FIFA's statement. Regretfully Jennifer Lopez will not be attending this year's World Cup opening ceremonies," the rep said in a statement.
The "American Idol" judge recorded the official World Cup song, titled "We Are One (Ole Ola)", along with Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte. The latter two artists are still scheduled to perform the tune before Brazil takes on Croatia on Thursday, June 12 in Sao Paulo.
Lopez is now preparing the release of her highly-anticipated new album, "A.K.A.". The record is set to hit the stores on June 17. Over the weekend, the 44-year-old star hosted a listening party at a Beats by Dr. Dre store. "There has never been a more special project, special time in my life than this one," she told fans during the event.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months