Report: Justin Bieber Baptized in Bathtub After Racism Controversy
Justin Bieber reportedly has tried to clean his soul after he was caught in a racism controversy. According to a TMZ report, last month the 20-year-old star underwent an intense Bible study with Pastor Carl Lentz for a week after he reportedly was being extorted over racist videos. The pop star reportedly also attended services and he later was baptized in a bathtub in a friend's place to keep the ritual private.
Bieber received backlash after two videos of him making joke using N-word and changing the lyrics of "One Less Lonely Girl" to the offensive term were released recently. The star apologized twice following the emergence of the clips which apparently were taken when he was 15 years old. "At the end of the day I just need to step up and own what I did," he said.
Some of the star's friends have come to his defense following the public backlash, saying that the Canadian performer made mistake and he would learn from it. Bieber's mentor Usher additionally took to Instagram on Saturday, June 7 to defend the singer.
"At my core, I am a person that supports growth and understands without judgment, that growth often comes as a result of pain and continues effort. As I have watched Justin Bieber navigate difficult waters as a young man, I can tell you that he hasn't always chosen the path of his greatest potential, but he is unequivocally not a racist," Usher captioned a photo of him and young Bieber.
"What he was 5 years ago was a naive child who did not understand the negative power and degradation that comes from playing with racial slurs. What he is now is a young man faced with an opportunity to become his best self, an example to the millions of kids that follow him to not make the same mistakes," he added.
More Justin Bieber News
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC