Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch Eyed for 'Dr. Strange'
Two more contenders reported to portray the lead role in Marvel's new superhero movie "Dr. Strange" are revealed. After Jared Leto's name is mentioned, now Deadline reports that British stars Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are added to the mix.
Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") is confirmed to direct the comic book adaptation, with the script by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. The story revolves around Stephen Strange who, unlike many other superheroes who gained their powers from super serum, gamma radiations or their alien roots, got his from mystical origins.
The arrogant and selfish surgeon seeks a conventional healing in Tibet after his hands were damaged in a car accident. He then becomes a Sorcerer Supreme a.k.a. Marvel Universe's greatest protector against magical peril.
Hardy last starred in "Locke". His next films include "Mad Max: Fury Road" and Leonardo DiCaprio starrer "The Revenant". Meanwhile, Cumberbatch is attached to Alan Turing biopic "The Imitation Game", "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies", and "Black Mass".
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service