Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch Eyed for 'Dr. Strange'
Two more contenders reported to portray the lead role in Marvel's new superhero movie "Dr. Strange" are revealed. After Jared Leto's name is mentioned, now Deadline reports that British stars Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are added to the mix.
Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") is confirmed to direct the comic book adaptation, with the script by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. The story revolves around Stephen Strange who, unlike many other superheroes who gained their powers from super serum, gamma radiations or their alien roots, got his from mystical origins.
The arrogant and selfish surgeon seeks a conventional healing in Tibet after his hands were damaged in a car accident. He then becomes a Sorcerer Supreme a.k.a. Marvel Universe's greatest protector against magical peril.
Hardy last starred in "Locke". His next films include "Mad Max: Fury Road" and Leonardo DiCaprio starrer "The Revenant". Meanwhile, Cumberbatch is attached to Alan Turing biopic "The Imitation Game", "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies", and "Black Mass".
More Doctor Strange News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie