Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch Eyed for 'Dr. Strange'
Two more contenders reported to portray the lead role in Marvel's new superhero movie "Dr. Strange" are revealed. After Jared Leto's name is mentioned, now Deadline reports that British stars Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are added to the mix.
Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") is confirmed to direct the comic book adaptation, with the script by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. The story revolves around Stephen Strange who, unlike many other superheroes who gained their powers from super serum, gamma radiations or their alien roots, got his from mystical origins.
The arrogant and selfish surgeon seeks a conventional healing in Tibet after his hands were damaged in a car accident. He then becomes a Sorcerer Supreme a.k.a. Marvel Universe's greatest protector against magical peril.
Hardy last starred in "Locke". His next films include "Mad Max: Fury Road" and Leonardo DiCaprio starrer "The Revenant". Meanwhile, Cumberbatch is attached to Alan Turing biopic "The Imitation Game", "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies", and "Black Mass".
More Doctor Strange News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story