Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch Eyed for 'Dr. Strange'
Two more contenders reported to portray the lead role in Marvel's new superhero movie "Dr. Strange" are revealed. After Jared Leto's name is mentioned, now Deadline reports that British stars Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are added to the mix.
Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") is confirmed to direct the comic book adaptation, with the script by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. The story revolves around Stephen Strange who, unlike many other superheroes who gained their powers from super serum, gamma radiations or their alien roots, got his from mystical origins.
The arrogant and selfish surgeon seeks a conventional healing in Tibet after his hands were damaged in a car accident. He then becomes a Sorcerer Supreme a.k.a. Marvel Universe's greatest protector against magical peril.
Hardy last starred in "Locke". His next films include "Mad Max: Fury Road" and Leonardo DiCaprio starrer "The Revenant". Meanwhile, Cumberbatch is attached to Alan Turing biopic "The Imitation Game", "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies", and "Black Mass".
More Doctor Strange News
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer