Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch Eyed for 'Dr. Strange'
Two more contenders reported to portray the lead role in Marvel's new superhero movie "Dr. Strange" are revealed. After Jared Leto's name is mentioned, now Deadline reports that British stars Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are added to the mix.
Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") is confirmed to direct the comic book adaptation, with the script by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. The story revolves around Stephen Strange who, unlike many other superheroes who gained their powers from super serum, gamma radiations or their alien roots, got his from mystical origins.
The arrogant and selfish surgeon seeks a conventional healing in Tibet after his hands were damaged in a car accident. He then becomes a Sorcerer Supreme a.k.a. Marvel Universe's greatest protector against magical peril.
Hardy last starred in "Locke". His next films include "Mad Max: Fury Road" and Leonardo DiCaprio starrer "The Revenant". Meanwhile, Cumberbatch is attached to Alan Turing biopic "The Imitation Game", "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies", and "Black Mass".
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'