Guillermo del Toro Writes 'Pacific Rim 2' With 'Incredible Hulk' Scribe Zak Penn
Guillermo del Toro has started scriptwriting for the untitled Pacific Rim sequel. While promoting his new FX series "The Strain", the director spilled to BuzzFeed that he's already working on the "Pacific Rim 2" script along with Zak Penn ("Elektra", "X-Men: The Last Stand", "The Incredible Hulk").
"I'm working very, very hard with Zak Penn," he dished on. "We've been working for a few months now in secret. We found a way to twist it around. Travis Beacham [co-writer of the first film, now working on Fox's 'Hieroglyph'] was involved in the storyline and now I'm writing with Zak because Travis has become a TV mogul."
While the plot is still kept under wraps, the director revealed he would bring back Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) and Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi). "Some people were wondering if we were going to do the prequel. I was never interested in doing that first wave of invasion," he said. "I'm going for very new, very crazy ideas on the second one, which are very different from the first one - but you will get really great spectacle."
Despite the script development, the sequel hasn't got greenlight. "I don't have the money, but I'm proceeding like it is happening," he said.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed