Guillermo del Toro Writes 'Pacific Rim 2' With 'Incredible Hulk' Scribe Zak Penn
Guillermo del Toro has started scriptwriting for the untitled Pacific Rim sequel. While promoting his new FX series "The Strain", the director spilled to BuzzFeed that he's already working on the "Pacific Rim 2" script along with Zak Penn ("Elektra", "X-Men: The Last Stand", "The Incredible Hulk").
"I'm working very, very hard with Zak Penn," he dished on. "We've been working for a few months now in secret. We found a way to twist it around. Travis Beacham [co-writer of the first film, now working on Fox's 'Hieroglyph'] was involved in the storyline and now I'm writing with Zak because Travis has become a TV mogul."
While the plot is still kept under wraps, the director revealed he would bring back Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) and Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi). "Some people were wondering if we were going to do the prequel. I was never interested in doing that first wave of invasion," he said. "I'm going for very new, very crazy ideas on the second one, which are very different from the first one - but you will get really great spectacle."
Despite the script development, the sequel hasn't got greenlight. "I don't have the money, but I'm proceeding like it is happening," he said.
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors