Guillermo del Toro Writes 'Pacific Rim 2' With 'Incredible Hulk' Scribe Zak Penn
Guillermo del Toro has started scriptwriting for the untitled Pacific Rim sequel. While promoting his new FX series "The Strain", the director spilled to BuzzFeed that he's already working on the "Pacific Rim 2" script along with Zak Penn ("Elektra", "X-Men: The Last Stand", "The Incredible Hulk").
"I'm working very, very hard with Zak Penn," he dished on. "We've been working for a few months now in secret. We found a way to twist it around. Travis Beacham [co-writer of the first film, now working on Fox's 'Hieroglyph'] was involved in the storyline and now I'm writing with Zak because Travis has become a TV mogul."
While the plot is still kept under wraps, the director revealed he would bring back Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) and Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi). "Some people were wondering if we were going to do the prequel. I was never interested in doing that first wave of invasion," he said. "I'm going for very new, very crazy ideas on the second one, which are very different from the first one - but you will get really great spectacle."
Despite the script development, the sequel hasn't got greenlight. "I don't have the money, but I'm proceeding like it is happening," he said.
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host