Guillermo del Toro Writes 'Pacific Rim 2' With 'Incredible Hulk' Scribe Zak Penn
Guillermo del Toro has started scriptwriting for the untitled Pacific Rim sequel. While promoting his new FX series "The Strain", the director spilled to BuzzFeed that he's already working on the "Pacific Rim 2" script along with Zak Penn ("Elektra", "X-Men: The Last Stand", "The Incredible Hulk").
"I'm working very, very hard with Zak Penn," he dished on. "We've been working for a few months now in secret. We found a way to twist it around. Travis Beacham [co-writer of the first film, now working on Fox's 'Hieroglyph'] was involved in the storyline and now I'm writing with Zak because Travis has become a TV mogul."
While the plot is still kept under wraps, the director revealed he would bring back Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) and Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi). "Some people were wondering if we were going to do the prequel. I was never interested in doing that first wave of invasion," he said. "I'm going for very new, very crazy ideas on the second one, which are very different from the first one - but you will get really great spectacle."
Despite the script development, the sequel hasn't got greenlight. "I don't have the money, but I'm proceeding like it is happening," he said.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise