Guillermo del Toro Writes 'Pacific Rim 2' With 'Incredible Hulk' Scribe Zak Penn
Guillermo del Toro has started scriptwriting for the untitled Pacific Rim sequel. While promoting his new FX series "The Strain", the director spilled to BuzzFeed that he's already working on the "Pacific Rim 2" script along with Zak Penn ("Elektra", "X-Men: The Last Stand", "The Incredible Hulk").
"I'm working very, very hard with Zak Penn," he dished on. "We've been working for a few months now in secret. We found a way to twist it around. Travis Beacham [co-writer of the first film, now working on Fox's 'Hieroglyph'] was involved in the storyline and now I'm writing with Zak because Travis has become a TV mogul."
While the plot is still kept under wraps, the director revealed he would bring back Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) and Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi). "Some people were wondering if we were going to do the prequel. I was never interested in doing that first wave of invasion," he said. "I'm going for very new, very crazy ideas on the second one, which are very different from the first one - but you will get really great spectacle."
Despite the script development, the sequel hasn't got greenlight. "I don't have the money, but I'm proceeding like it is happening," he said.
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'