Channing Tatum Hints Gambit May Be Introduced in Solo Film First
While details of the first "Gambit" film are still kept under wraps, Channing Tatum gives a hint at Fox's plan regarding the upcoming spin-off. "We've talked about it being a standalone, first, and actually trying to change the 'hero, superhero movie,' " he said in a chat with MTV News.
"Because Gambit is not your typical hero," so the hunky star explained during the promo tour for his new film "22 Jump Street". "He's a thief. He walks on the gray. I'm hoping we can change it a little bit, and then ultimately feather into the other ones."
Although the long-delayed movie has been confirmed by the producer, it's still a long way to go. "The machine of the Marvel world is so ginormous that it's literally like climbing a mountain, getting one of these movies made, and all of the pieces that go along with it," he said.
Gambit was previously played by Taylor Kitsch. Tatum originally landed the role, but he let it go due to scheduling conflicts. "I've been pretty vocal about wanting to be the part of Gambit for a very long time," he said. "It's a weird, pinching-myself moment that we're even having the conversation."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival