Channing Tatum Hints Gambit May Be Introduced in Solo Film First
While details of the first "Gambit" film are still kept under wraps, Channing Tatum gives a hint at Fox's plan regarding the upcoming spin-off. "We've talked about it being a standalone, first, and actually trying to change the 'hero, superhero movie,' " he said in a chat with MTV News.
"Because Gambit is not your typical hero," so the hunky star explained during the promo tour for his new film "22 Jump Street". "He's a thief. He walks on the gray. I'm hoping we can change it a little bit, and then ultimately feather into the other ones."
Although the long-delayed movie has been confirmed by the producer, it's still a long way to go. "The machine of the Marvel world is so ginormous that it's literally like climbing a mountain, getting one of these movies made, and all of the pieces that go along with it," he said.
Gambit was previously played by Taylor Kitsch. Tatum originally landed the role, but he let it go due to scheduling conflicts. "I've been pretty vocal about wanting to be the part of Gambit for a very long time," he said. "It's a weird, pinching-myself moment that we're even having the conversation."
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO