Channing Tatum Hints Gambit May Be Introduced in Solo Film First
While details of the first "Gambit" film are still kept under wraps, Channing Tatum gives a hint at Fox's plan regarding the upcoming spin-off. "We've talked about it being a standalone, first, and actually trying to change the 'hero, superhero movie,' " he said in a chat with MTV News.
"Because Gambit is not your typical hero," so the hunky star explained during the promo tour for his new film "22 Jump Street". "He's a thief. He walks on the gray. I'm hoping we can change it a little bit, and then ultimately feather into the other ones."
Although the long-delayed movie has been confirmed by the producer, it's still a long way to go. "The machine of the Marvel world is so ginormous that it's literally like climbing a mountain, getting one of these movies made, and all of the pieces that go along with it," he said.
Gambit was previously played by Taylor Kitsch. Tatum originally landed the role, but he let it go due to scheduling conflicts. "I've been pretty vocal about wanting to be the part of Gambit for a very long time," he said. "It's a weird, pinching-myself moment that we're even having the conversation."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie