Channing Tatum Hints Gambit May Be Introduced in Solo Film First
While details of the first "Gambit" film are still kept under wraps, Channing Tatum gives a hint at Fox's plan regarding the upcoming spin-off. "We've talked about it being a standalone, first, and actually trying to change the 'hero, superhero movie,' " he said in a chat with MTV News.
"Because Gambit is not your typical hero," so the hunky star explained during the promo tour for his new film "22 Jump Street". "He's a thief. He walks on the gray. I'm hoping we can change it a little bit, and then ultimately feather into the other ones."
Although the long-delayed movie has been confirmed by the producer, it's still a long way to go. "The machine of the Marvel world is so ginormous that it's literally like climbing a mountain, getting one of these movies made, and all of the pieces that go along with it," he said.
Gambit was previously played by Taylor Kitsch. Tatum originally landed the role, but he let it go due to scheduling conflicts. "I've been pretty vocal about wanting to be the part of Gambit for a very long time," he said. "It's a weird, pinching-myself moment that we're even having the conversation."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'