Cali Swag District's Rapper JayAre Dies at 25
Cali Swag District, best known for their hit "Teach Me How to Dougie", is mourning the loss of another of its members. JayAre whose real name is Cahron Childs passed away Friday, June 6 at the young age of 25. He reportedly went into cardiac arrest and passed away in the hospital while being treated for sickle cell anemia.
"Sickle cell took my brother away from me today...with that being said I'm proud to know that with that disease he made the best of his life," fellow member Smoove Da General took to Twitter to grieve. "Rest in peace Jayare I'm gonna miss u forever ..I will never get over this..but I know God got u..and I know You got me."
Bandmate Yung wrote on Instagram, " LORD! I no im not suppose to question you, but if it was cell phone in heaven ill b texting you... Really all i ask, is why? Because i dont no what to do! ... We started off with 4 now all thats left is 2. I made a promise to my self , that i would get us thru... And Just when i felt like we was winning..."
He went on, "We would always loose smh! Im not a quitter, but i want to quit... Feeling like life gave up on me ... So imma just give up on it... But i know u would want me to be strong... So turn up for me when u see BONE, and save a spot for YUNG the day i come HOME!!! :BIG 3rd!!! #mybrother Imma miss you!!!! Rest well."
JayAre is not the only Cali Swag District member who died young. On May 15, 2011, Montae "M-Bone" Talbert died in a drive-by shooting.
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball