Peyton Reed to Direct 'Ant-Man', Adam McKay to Rewrite the Script
Edgar Wright's replacement is announced by Marvel. Peyton Reed ("The Break-Up", "Bring It On") is officially tapped as a new director for "Ant-Man" after Wright, who was attached to the project since 2006, departed due to creative differences.
"Anchorman" director Adam McKay who was originally rumored as one of the candidates to take over the helming duty will be involved in the comic book adaptation to polish the script. Wright previously penned the screenplay with Joe Cornish.
"Ant-Man" is planned by Marvel to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015. Cast members include Michael Douglas, Paul Rudd, Patrick Wilson, Evangeline Lilly, and Matt Gerald.
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
More Ant-Man News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab