Peyton Reed to Direct 'Ant-Man', Adam McKay to Rewrite the Script
Edgar Wright's replacement is announced by Marvel. Peyton Reed ("The Break-Up", "Bring It On") is officially tapped as a new director for "Ant-Man" after Wright, who was attached to the project since 2006, departed due to creative differences.
"Anchorman" director Adam McKay who was originally rumored as one of the candidates to take over the helming duty will be involved in the comic book adaptation to polish the script. Wright previously penned the screenplay with Joe Cornish.
"Ant-Man" is planned by Marvel to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015. Cast members include Michael Douglas, Paul Rudd, Patrick Wilson, Evangeline Lilly, and Matt Gerald.
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
More Ant-Man News
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors