Peyton Reed to Direct 'Ant-Man', Adam McKay to Rewrite the Script
Edgar Wright's replacement is announced by Marvel. Peyton Reed ("The Break-Up", "Bring It On") is officially tapped as a new director for "Ant-Man" after Wright, who was attached to the project since 2006, departed due to creative differences.
"Anchorman" director Adam McKay who was originally rumored as one of the candidates to take over the helming duty will be involved in the comic book adaptation to polish the script. Wright previously penned the screenplay with Joe Cornish.
"Ant-Man" is planned by Marvel to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015. Cast members include Michael Douglas, Paul Rudd, Patrick Wilson, Evangeline Lilly, and Matt Gerald.
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Photo Confirms James Franco's Casting
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Are in the Best Place in Their Marriage'
- Stephen King's 'Castle Rock' Adaptation From J.J. Abrams Gets Series Order at Hulu
- J.Lo Reunites With Marc Anthony for Their Twin Kids' Birthday