Peyton Reed to Direct 'Ant-Man', Adam McKay to Rewrite the Script
Edgar Wright's replacement is announced by Marvel. Peyton Reed ("The Break-Up", "Bring It On") is officially tapped as a new director for "Ant-Man" after Wright, who was attached to the project since 2006, departed due to creative differences.
"Anchorman" director Adam McKay who was originally rumored as one of the candidates to take over the helming duty will be involved in the comic book adaptation to polish the script. Wright previously penned the screenplay with Joe Cornish.
"Ant-Man" is planned by Marvel to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015. Cast members include Michael Douglas, Paul Rudd, Patrick Wilson, Evangeline Lilly, and Matt Gerald.
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!