'The Bachelorette' Star Emily Maynard Marries Tyler Johnson
Emily Maynard is officially married. The former star of "The Bachelorette" tied the knot with Tyler Johnson in a surprise wedding on Saturday, June 7. The couple swapped wedding vows at Johnson's family farm in Sharon, South Carolina.
The guests, around 200 family and friends, didn't know it would be a wedding. They only received invitations in the form of viewfinders containing pictures with message to join a so-called party to celebrate Maynard and Johnson's engagement.
The bride donned a pale pink Modern Trousseau gown and cowboy boots as she walked down a lantern-lit pathway at sunset. The groom, who is an automotive management consultant, was waiting for her under a white oak tree. Maynard's daughter Ricki, 8, served as maid of honor.
"It's just as much her day as it is mine because it's a big change for her," the reality TV star said to PEOPLE. "She just adores Tyler and he is so good with her. He loves her as if she was his own daughter. It's been so great to see their relationship grow."
Maynard and Johnson got engaged in January this year. She previously appeared on ABC's dating show during the fifteenth season of "The Bachelor". She was engaged to Brad Womack but they split after the show. She returned for "The Bachelorette" and got engaged to Jef Holm, but their relationship ended as well. "For so long I felt so embarrassed and ashamed about that TV stuff," she said.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage