'The Bachelorette' Star Emily Maynard Marries Tyler Johnson
Emily Maynard is officially married. The former star of "The Bachelorette" tied the knot with Tyler Johnson in a surprise wedding on Saturday, June 7. The couple swapped wedding vows at Johnson's family farm in Sharon, South Carolina.
The guests, around 200 family and friends, didn't know it would be a wedding. They only received invitations in the form of viewfinders containing pictures with message to join a so-called party to celebrate Maynard and Johnson's engagement.
The bride donned a pale pink Modern Trousseau gown and cowboy boots as she walked down a lantern-lit pathway at sunset. The groom, who is an automotive management consultant, was waiting for her under a white oak tree. Maynard's daughter Ricki, 8, served as maid of honor.
"It's just as much her day as it is mine because it's a big change for her," the reality TV star said to PEOPLE. "She just adores Tyler and he is so good with her. He loves her as if she was his own daughter. It's been so great to see their relationship grow."
Maynard and Johnson got engaged in January this year. She previously appeared on ABC's dating show during the fifteenth season of "The Bachelor". She was engaged to Brad Womack but they split after the show. She returned for "The Bachelorette" and got engaged to Jef Holm, but their relationship ended as well. "For so long I felt so embarrassed and ashamed about that TV stuff," she said.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'