'The Bachelorette' Star Emily Maynard Marries Tyler Johnson
Emily Maynard is officially married. The former star of "The Bachelorette" tied the knot with Tyler Johnson in a surprise wedding on Saturday, June 7. The couple swapped wedding vows at Johnson's family farm in Sharon, South Carolina.
The guests, around 200 family and friends, didn't know it would be a wedding. They only received invitations in the form of viewfinders containing pictures with message to join a so-called party to celebrate Maynard and Johnson's engagement.
The bride donned a pale pink Modern Trousseau gown and cowboy boots as she walked down a lantern-lit pathway at sunset. The groom, who is an automotive management consultant, was waiting for her under a white oak tree. Maynard's daughter Ricki, 8, served as maid of honor.
"It's just as much her day as it is mine because it's a big change for her," the reality TV star said to PEOPLE. "She just adores Tyler and he is so good with her. He loves her as if she was his own daughter. It's been so great to see their relationship grow."
Maynard and Johnson got engaged in January this year. She previously appeared on ABC's dating show during the fifteenth season of "The Bachelor". She was engaged to Brad Womack but they split after the show. She returned for "The Bachelorette" and got engaged to Jef Holm, but their relationship ended as well. "For so long I felt so embarrassed and ashamed about that TV stuff," she said.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'