Sia Furler Gets Engaged to American Director Erik Anders Lang
Sia Furler looked happy cuddling with a mysterious man on the red carpet of Wayuu Taya gala, on June 4. Wayuu Taya is a not-for-profit foundation, which helps a Latin community in the U.S.
It was later known that she was with her new fiance Erik Anders Lang, an American documentary director. During the event, she showed off her diamond engagement ring and also wore a simple gold ring on the same finger. Her fiance was also spotted wearing the similar simple gold ring.
On June 6, her mother, Loene Furler, confirmed the engagement and said that the couple would get married soon. Just last month, she revealed that she contemplated suicide after suffering from depression and getting addicted to drugs and alcohol.
Back in 2010, she made an attempt to kill herself by consuming a concoction of drugs, even leaving an instruction and writing a suicide note.
In the same year, Sia wished to marry her musician girlfriend, JD Sampson, but later the couple split. The bisexual singer was reportedly not in any relationship recently before she got engaged to Erik.
The Australian singer became addicted to alcohol and suffered from depression after her boyfriend died in an accident when she was about to meet him in London. Because of that reason, she got close with "Glee" star Lea Michele whose boyfriend Cory Monteith died of alcohol and heroin overdose. Sia collaborated with Lea on the actress' debut album and wrote Lea's recently released song "If You Say So".
More Sia Furler News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed