Video: Zayn Malik Mixes Up Edinburgh and Manchester During One Direction's Gig
Zayn Malik made an on-stage gaffe when One Direction brought their "Where We Are" tour to Scotland recently. The embarrassing but hilarious incident happened when the group was performing at the Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh.
After finishing a song, Malik greeted fans at the venue, shouting, "Manchester!" Soon after he realized his mistake, he said, "No, we're not even in Manchester." His bandmates laughed as he added, "We're in Edinburgh! I'm so stupid!"
"I'm really, really sorry. Just want to say a massive, massive thank you for bearing with us so far tonight," he continued. His confusion likely happened because he and his group had just finished their three-day show at Manchester's Etihad Stadium one day earlier.
Malik later revealed that all One Direction members were suffering from illness. "We all have really bad colds, and really sore throats, so we're really sorry if our voices don't sound great tonight," he said. "However, thank you for supporting us since 'The X Factor' to this very day and you are the best fans in the world, so thank you for that."
Zayn Malik makes on-stage gaffe (04:47):
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked