Video: Zayn Malik Mixes Up Edinburgh and Manchester During One Direction's Gig
Zayn Malik made an on-stage gaffe when One Direction brought their "Where We Are" tour to Scotland recently. The embarrassing but hilarious incident happened when the group was performing at the Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh.
After finishing a song, Malik greeted fans at the venue, shouting, "Manchester!" Soon after he realized his mistake, he said, "No, we're not even in Manchester." His bandmates laughed as he added, "We're in Edinburgh! I'm so stupid!"
"I'm really, really sorry. Just want to say a massive, massive thank you for bearing with us so far tonight," he continued. His confusion likely happened because he and his group had just finished their three-day show at Manchester's Etihad Stadium one day earlier.
Malik later revealed that all One Direction members were suffering from illness. "We all have really bad colds, and really sore throats, so we're really sorry if our voices don't sound great tonight," he said. "However, thank you for supporting us since 'The X Factor' to this very day and you are the best fans in the world, so thank you for that."
Zayn Malik makes on-stage gaffe (04:47):
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen