Video: Zayn Malik Mixes Up Edinburgh and Manchester During One Direction's Gig
Zayn Malik made an on-stage gaffe when One Direction brought their "Where We Are" tour to Scotland recently. The embarrassing but hilarious incident happened when the group was performing at the Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh.
After finishing a song, Malik greeted fans at the venue, shouting, "Manchester!" Soon after he realized his mistake, he said, "No, we're not even in Manchester." His bandmates laughed as he added, "We're in Edinburgh! I'm so stupid!"
"I'm really, really sorry. Just want to say a massive, massive thank you for bearing with us so far tonight," he continued. His confusion likely happened because he and his group had just finished their three-day show at Manchester's Etihad Stadium one day earlier.
Malik later revealed that all One Direction members were suffering from illness. "We all have really bad colds, and really sore throats, so we're really sorry if our voices don't sound great tonight," he said. "However, thank you for supporting us since 'The X Factor' to this very day and you are the best fans in the world, so thank you for that."
Zayn Malik makes on-stage gaffe (04:47):
More One Direction News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March