Casey Kasem's Daughter Granted Conservatorship
A judge has granted Casey Kasem's daughter conservatorship. The decision was announced on Friday, June 6 as the former radio remains critical at a hospital in Washington state. Kitsap County Superior Court Judge Jennifer Forbes also said that his other children could visit him, but not at the same time.
The former host of "American Top 40" is in the center of a public fight over his care between his three children from his first marriage and his wife Jean. He has been suffering from Lewy body disease, which is a form of dementia.
On Thursday, a spokesperson for St. Anthony Hospital Scott Thompson explained that Kasem was taken to the hospital on Sunday to receive treatment for infected bed sore. "Mr. Kasem is alert, appears comfortable at this time," Thompson said on Thursday.
A spokesperson for Kasem's three children, Danny Deraney, added in a statement, "Casey Kasem's health is declining and won't be with us much longer." On Thursday, his daughters were with him as his son Mike was en route to the hospital.
"My Dad taught us that family comes first. We want to honor him and make sure all of his family, including Jean and Liberty are surrounding him with love at this critical time," Julie Kasem said. "If he opens his eyes, I want my Dad just once to see everyone standing around him, putting our differences aside and let him know how much he is loved by everyone, including Jean and Liberty," Kerri Kasem added.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle