Nun Cristina Scuccia Wins Italy's 'The Voice'
Sister Cristina Scuccia has become a viral sensation after winning Italian version of "The Voice". The singing nun, who is a member of the Ursulan Sisters of The Holy Family in Milan, won the singing competition on Thursday night, June 5 with 62.3% of the vote.
Wearing her habit, she wowed the judges and audience with her rendition of "Flashdance What a Feeling". She won a recording contract with Universal. "My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs," she said after being named the champion of the show and later recited the Lord's Prayer onstage.
Sister Scuccia first gained attention during the blind audition in March, in which she sang Alicia Keys' "No One". The performance video has been viewed more than 50 million times on YouTube and earned praise from Keys herself.
Her insistence on wearing a habit on the show, however, has raised concerns among some faithful who question whether her appearance on the show is appropriate for a nun. Some viewers saw it as a gimmick to win attention, but her fellow sisters were always supportive and often attending the show to cheer her.
More The Voice News
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos