Nun Cristina Scuccia Wins Italy's 'The Voice'
Sister Cristina Scuccia has become a viral sensation after winning Italian version of "The Voice". The singing nun, who is a member of the Ursulan Sisters of The Holy Family in Milan, won the singing competition on Thursday night, June 5 with 62.3% of the vote.
Wearing her habit, she wowed the judges and audience with her rendition of "Flashdance What a Feeling". She won a recording contract with Universal. "My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs," she said after being named the champion of the show and later recited the Lord's Prayer onstage.
Sister Scuccia first gained attention during the blind audition in March, in which she sang Alicia Keys' "No One". The performance video has been viewed more than 50 million times on YouTube and earned praise from Keys herself.
Her insistence on wearing a habit on the show, however, has raised concerns among some faithful who question whether her appearance on the show is appropriate for a nun. Some viewers saw it as a gimmick to win attention, but her fellow sisters were always supportive and often attending the show to cheer her.
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details