Nun Cristina Scuccia Wins Italy's 'The Voice'
Sister Cristina Scuccia has become a viral sensation after winning Italian version of "The Voice". The singing nun, who is a member of the Ursulan Sisters of The Holy Family in Milan, won the singing competition on Thursday night, June 5 with 62.3% of the vote.
Wearing her habit, she wowed the judges and audience with her rendition of "Flashdance What a Feeling". She won a recording contract with Universal. "My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs," she said after being named the champion of the show and later recited the Lord's Prayer onstage.
Sister Scuccia first gained attention during the blind audition in March, in which she sang Alicia Keys' "No One". The performance video has been viewed more than 50 million times on YouTube and earned praise from Keys herself.
Her insistence on wearing a habit on the show, however, has raised concerns among some faithful who question whether her appearance on the show is appropriate for a nun. Some viewers saw it as a gimmick to win attention, but her fellow sisters were always supportive and often attending the show to cheer her.
More The Voice News
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper