Nun Cristina Scuccia Wins Italy's 'The Voice'
Sister Cristina Scuccia has become a viral sensation after winning Italian version of "The Voice". The singing nun, who is a member of the Ursulan Sisters of The Holy Family in Milan, won the singing competition on Thursday night, June 5 with 62.3% of the vote.
Wearing her habit, she wowed the judges and audience with her rendition of "Flashdance What a Feeling". She won a recording contract with Universal. "My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs," she said after being named the champion of the show and later recited the Lord's Prayer onstage.
Sister Scuccia first gained attention during the blind audition in March, in which she sang Alicia Keys' "No One". The performance video has been viewed more than 50 million times on YouTube and earned praise from Keys herself.
Her insistence on wearing a habit on the show, however, has raised concerns among some faithful who question whether her appearance on the show is appropriate for a nun. Some viewers saw it as a gimmick to win attention, but her fellow sisters were always supportive and often attending the show to cheer her.
More The Voice News
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose