Nun Cristina Scuccia Wins Italy's 'The Voice'
Sister Cristina Scuccia has become a viral sensation after winning Italian version of "The Voice". The singing nun, who is a member of the Ursulan Sisters of The Holy Family in Milan, won the singing competition on Thursday night, June 5 with 62.3% of the vote.
Wearing her habit, she wowed the judges and audience with her rendition of "Flashdance What a Feeling". She won a recording contract with Universal. "My presence here is not up to me, it's thanks to the man upstairs," she said after being named the champion of the show and later recited the Lord's Prayer onstage.
Sister Scuccia first gained attention during the blind audition in March, in which she sang Alicia Keys' "No One". The performance video has been viewed more than 50 million times on YouTube and earned praise from Keys herself.
Her insistence on wearing a habit on the show, however, has raised concerns among some faithful who question whether her appearance on the show is appropriate for a nun. Some viewers saw it as a gimmick to win attention, but her fellow sisters were always supportive and often attending the show to cheer her.
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding