Peyton Reed and David Wain Added to Shortlist for Possible 'Ant-Man' Director
More names have been thrown as possible contenders to direct "Ant-Man". According to The Hollywood Reporter, Peyton Reed and David Wain are the new frontrunners to take over the helming gig left vacant by the recently departed Edgar Wright.
Reed, who has directed several romantic comedy movies such as "The Break-Up" and "Yes Man", was developing "Fantastic Four" at Fox before Tim Story took over the project. As for Wain, he has teamed up with Paul Rudd in "Wanderlust" and "They Came Together", the latter of which will hit selected theaters in the U.S. on June 27.
The two join Nicholas Stoller ("Neighbors") and Michael Dowse ("Goon"), who were recently added to the shortlist. Adam McKay ("Anchorman"), Rawson Marshall Thurber ("We're the Millers") and Ruben Fleischer ("Gangster Squad") were earlier rumored being considered for the job, but McKay and Thurber reportedly turned it down.
Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Pictures are currently in search for a new director for "Ant-Man" after Edgar Wright exited the project due to alleged script re-write. Michael Douglas, who is cast as Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, has commented on Wright's departure, "I was, very disappointed. I'm a big fan of his movies [and] it's a very disappointing situation."
He added that Wright's exit "happened very late in the game [and] I don't think anybody's quite recovered. My heart goes out to Edgar. He's been involved with the project for a long time, but he's talented enough that you'll be hearing a whole lot from him, and I'm sure with a little vengeance."
Rudd will portray Scott Lang, the newer generation of Ant-Man, in the upcoming action movie, with Patrick Wilson, Evangeline Lilly and Matt Gerald taking other roles. The film is due July 17, 2015 in the United States.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory