Iggy Azalea: Lorde's Nirvana Tribute Is Not 'Appropriate'
Iggy Azalea is not a fan of Lorde's tribute to Nirvana and the late Kurt Cobain at the Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony earlier this year. The Australian raptress, who graces the cover of Billboard's latest issue, says in an interview with the magazine that the performance was "inappropriate."
"Nothing against her, but I think when you're doing a tribute to someone that's dead, generally it should be the person's peer," Azalea says of Lorde's involvement in the tribute, which took place 20 years after Nirvana's frontman Cobain died.
"Lorde is not Kurt Cobain's peer. No matter if she killed the performance or not, I just don't think it's appropriate," she adds. Lorde has yet commented on the news. Azalea has no words for Kim Gordon, St. Vincent or Joan Jett who also performed alongside Nirvana's Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic during the April induction ceremony.
The 23-year-old star is currently enjoying the success of her Charli XCX-assisted single, "Fancy". The track is now spending its second week at No. 1 on Billboard 100. She also claims the No. 2 spot on the same chart with her collaboration with Ariana Grande, "Problem".
More Iggy Azalea News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show