Iggy Azalea: Lorde's Nirvana Tribute Is Not 'Appropriate'
Iggy Azalea is not a fan of Lorde's tribute to Nirvana and the late Kurt Cobain at the Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony earlier this year. The Australian raptress, who graces the cover of Billboard's latest issue, says in an interview with the magazine that the performance was "inappropriate."
"Nothing against her, but I think when you're doing a tribute to someone that's dead, generally it should be the person's peer," Azalea says of Lorde's involvement in the tribute, which took place 20 years after Nirvana's frontman Cobain died.
"Lorde is not Kurt Cobain's peer. No matter if she killed the performance or not, I just don't think it's appropriate," she adds. Lorde has yet commented on the news. Azalea has no words for Kim Gordon, St. Vincent or Joan Jett who also performed alongside Nirvana's Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic during the April induction ceremony.
The 23-year-old star is currently enjoying the success of her Charli XCX-assisted single, "Fancy". The track is now spending its second week at No. 1 on Billboard 100. She also claims the No. 2 spot on the same chart with her collaboration with Ariana Grande, "Problem".
More Iggy Azalea News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App