Iggy Azalea: Lorde's Nirvana Tribute Is Not 'Appropriate'
Iggy Azalea is not a fan of Lorde's tribute to Nirvana and the late Kurt Cobain at the Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony earlier this year. The Australian raptress, who graces the cover of Billboard's latest issue, says in an interview with the magazine that the performance was "inappropriate."
"Nothing against her, but I think when you're doing a tribute to someone that's dead, generally it should be the person's peer," Azalea says of Lorde's involvement in the tribute, which took place 20 years after Nirvana's frontman Cobain died.
"Lorde is not Kurt Cobain's peer. No matter if she killed the performance or not, I just don't think it's appropriate," she adds. Lorde has yet commented on the news. Azalea has no words for Kim Gordon, St. Vincent or Joan Jett who also performed alongside Nirvana's Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic during the April induction ceremony.
The 23-year-old star is currently enjoying the success of her Charli XCX-assisted single, "Fancy". The track is now spending its second week at No. 1 on Billboard 100. She also claims the No. 2 spot on the same chart with her collaboration with Ariana Grande, "Problem".
More Iggy Azalea News
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked