Iggy Azalea: Lorde's Nirvana Tribute Is Not 'Appropriate'
Iggy Azalea is not a fan of Lorde's tribute to Nirvana and the late Kurt Cobain at the Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony earlier this year. The Australian raptress, who graces the cover of Billboard's latest issue, says in an interview with the magazine that the performance was "inappropriate."
"Nothing against her, but I think when you're doing a tribute to someone that's dead, generally it should be the person's peer," Azalea says of Lorde's involvement in the tribute, which took place 20 years after Nirvana's frontman Cobain died.
"Lorde is not Kurt Cobain's peer. No matter if she killed the performance or not, I just don't think it's appropriate," she adds. Lorde has yet commented on the news. Azalea has no words for Kim Gordon, St. Vincent or Joan Jett who also performed alongside Nirvana's Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic during the April induction ceremony.
The 23-year-old star is currently enjoying the success of her Charli XCX-assisted single, "Fancy". The track is now spending its second week at No. 1 on Billboard 100. She also claims the No. 2 spot on the same chart with her collaboration with Ariana Grande, "Problem".
More Iggy Azalea News
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?