Melanie Griffith Files for Divorce From Antonio Banderas After 18 Years of Marriage
Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas are heading to splitville. According to TMZ, 56-year-old Griffith has filed for divorce from "The Expendables 3" actor, 53, after eighteen years of marriage. She cites irreconcilable differences as the reason of the split.
Griffith is seeking child support and sole physical & joint legal custody of their only daughter, Stella Banderas, who is turning 18 in September this year. Represented by top-notch attorney Laura Wasser, the Oscar nominee reportedly is also asking for spousal support.
The couple got married in May 1996. The date of their separation is not listed in the legal papers filed by Griffith. Rumor has it, the separation is amicable but the dividing of property could be complicated because they have lots of real estate in the U.S. and Spain.
Banderas was previously married to Ana Leza for about eight years, while Griffith was previously married to Don Johnson and then to Steven Bauer. She has a daughter, Dakota Johnson, with the former and has a son, Alexander Bauer, with the latter.
More Melanie Griffith News
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair