Melanie Griffith Files for Divorce From Antonio Banderas After 18 Years of Marriage
Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas are heading to splitville. According to TMZ, 56-year-old Griffith has filed for divorce from "The Expendables 3" actor, 53, after eighteen years of marriage. She cites irreconcilable differences as the reason of the split.
Griffith is seeking child support and sole physical & joint legal custody of their only daughter, Stella Banderas, who is turning 18 in September this year. Represented by top-notch attorney Laura Wasser, the Oscar nominee reportedly is also asking for spousal support.
The couple got married in May 1996. The date of their separation is not listed in the legal papers filed by Griffith. Rumor has it, the separation is amicable but the dividing of property could be complicated because they have lots of real estate in the U.S. and Spain.
Banderas was previously married to Ana Leza for about eight years, while Griffith was previously married to Don Johnson and then to Steven Bauer. She has a daughter, Dakota Johnson, with the former and has a son, Alexander Bauer, with the latter.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says