Penelope Cruz Unrecognizable in Pixie Hair on Set of Her Movie 'Ma Ma'
Penelope Cruz was almost unrecognizable when preparing to film her scene for new movie "Ma Ma" in Madrid. The Spanish star was pictured on the set channeling her inner tomboy, hiding her long luscious hair under a short wig and wearing a baggy plaid shirt.
Coming from Spanish director Julio Medem ("Sex and Lucia", "Room in Rome"), the film follows Magda, a woman who reacts valiantly to tragedy. "She and those in her intimate circle will live unsuspected scenes of humor and of delicate happiness," a press release read.
The wife of actor Javier Bardem also serves as one of the producers. It marks her first lead role in a Spanish-language film in five years and her first ever as a producer. She said of her involvement behind the scenes, "I want to build what could be my future in cinema, not always being in front of the camera. I'd also like to direct a feature, maybe 10 years from now. For now, I'm directing commercial and video-clips; I love that. And it's the best way to learn. I want to go slowly, step by step. I'm following the whole production process very closely, from the film's inception."
More Ma Ma News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert