Tamar Braxton Accused of Stealing Track 'One on One Fun'
Tamar Braxton is being sued over a song in her 2013 album, "Love and War". TMZ reports that a singer/songwriter named Emmi Kozulin claims that the "Braxton Family Values" star stole a track titled "One on One Fun" from her.
According to a new lawsuit, Kozulin co-wrote the track with Angela Hunte and she then recorded a version of the song on her own. She claims Hunte gave the song to Braxton for the singer's second studio effort.
Kozulin acknowledges that Hunte does have the rights to license the lyrics, but she thinks that Braxton's version sounds too similar to the one she had previously recorded. As a co-writer of the song, Kozulin is now demanding fifty percent of the royalties from the track plus damages.
Braxton has responded to the news. A representative for the 37-year-old entertainer has told TMZ that the fight is between the writer and the producer. "[It] has nothing to do with Tamar," the rep said.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son