Tamar Braxton Accused of Stealing Track 'One on One Fun'
Tamar Braxton is being sued over a song in her 2013 album, "Love and War". TMZ reports that a singer/songwriter named Emmi Kozulin claims that the "Braxton Family Values" star stole a track titled "One on One Fun" from her.
According to a new lawsuit, Kozulin co-wrote the track with Angela Hunte and she then recorded a version of the song on her own. She claims Hunte gave the song to Braxton for the singer's second studio effort.
Kozulin acknowledges that Hunte does have the rights to license the lyrics, but she thinks that Braxton's version sounds too similar to the one she had previously recorded. As a co-writer of the song, Kozulin is now demanding fifty percent of the royalties from the track plus damages.
Braxton has responded to the news. A representative for the 37-year-old entertainer has told TMZ that the fight is between the writer and the producer. "[It] has nothing to do with Tamar," the rep said.
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her