Emma Watson and Miles Teller to Go Musical With 'La La Land'
Emma Watson and Miles Teller are eying to headline an upcoming musical film called "La La Land". This project could reunite Teller who is currently filming "The Fantastic Four" with director Damien Chazelle who helmed his Sundance hit "Whiplash".
The movie will follow aspiring actress Mia and cocky yet charismatic jazz pianist Sebastian in Los Angeles. The city brought them together, but in the end it may tear them apart as they soon discover that balancing love and art in such a cutthroat climate isn't easy.
Chazelle who writes and will direct the pic says in a document obtained by The Wrap, "I'd like to make a contemporary musical about L.A., starting with the L.A. we know but slowly building to a vision of the city as romantic metropolis - one that is actually worthy of the dreams it inspires."
"I'd like to make a musical about the way L.A.'s peculiar rhythms can push its residents to the edge of their emotions - be they hope, desperation or love. Think the kind of teetering-toward-madness you see in 'The Graduate' or 'Boogie Nights', and imagine if you were to push that further. In this case, the city pushes its residents all the way: it pushes them into song."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show