Matthew McConaughey Open to Doing More 'True Detective'
It seems that Matthew McConaughey may have had a change of heart about starring in another season of "True Detective". Previously saying that he wouldn't return to the second installment of the crime drama series, he recently said that he'd "be open to doing another one."
In an interview with Deadline, he once again stressed that he agreed to do the show because he would only star in one season. "That was always how I saw it. One season, eight episodes, a finite beginning, middle and end, goodbye, look forward to watching it. If HBO had wanted an option on me for a Season 2 or 3, I wouldn't have done it," he explained. "I wouldn't have walked into something where they could say, 'We've got you for the next three years.' "
However, his experience working on the series could change his mind. "I liked 'True Detective', the whole series and the experience of making it, so much that I'd be open to doing another one now," he admitted. "At the time, I was looking at six months and not beyond that. I don't know of a feature film I'd sign for where I'm going to say, 'If this works, you've got me whenever you want me for the next three years.' "
Alas, McConaughey may not return in season 2. Series creator Nic Pizzolatto has said that the next chapter would feature three lead characters which "are all new." Dishing on more details, he said, "It takes place in California - not Los Angeles, but some of the much lesser known venues of California - and we're going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season one."
Jessica Chastain was earlier rumored to take a lead role in the second season, but HBO and reps for the "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" actress quickly denied it.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'