Kevin Spacey Yelled at Audience on His Show Because of Phone Ringing
Kevin Spacey could not hold his anger as an audience member's phone was ringing loudly during the opening night of his monologue show "Clarence Darrow" in London's Old Vic theater. The play was perfomed to celebrate his last work as an artistic director of the theater at the end of his ten-year working dedication.
The phone began ringing when the scene depicted a trial in which Spacey's Clarence Darrow was defending himself and explaining his alibi to prove his innocence. The sound got louder and then he, still in character, yelled at the audience, "If you don't answer that, I will!" His unexpected act got a round of applause from the audience.
Some audience members later praised Kevin's act on their Twitter accounts. "Mobile phone went off in Old Vic's Clarence Darrow tonight. Without breaking character Kevin Spacey said: 'Either you answer that or I will,' " wrote Nick Clark. Nick Bailey also praised him by tweeting, "Kevin Spacey, in character, to ringing phone in audience: 'if you don't answer that I will'. Legend. #clarencedarrow."
Kevin had played Clarence Darrow before in the play "Inherit the Wind" at Old Vic theater in 2009 and in 1991's movie "Darrow". Darrow is a man who became a famous lawyer and civil rights hero. "Clarence Darrow was a unique and courageous man. Several of my favorite actors have played Darrow... Henry Fonda, Orson Welles and Spencer Tracy," Kevin commented on his character Darrow.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie