Eva Green Reacts to Her 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Controversial Poster
Eva Green broke her silence regarding her "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" poster which was banned by the MPAA due to "nudity" content. In the picture, she holds a revolver and shows off her curves in a sheer dressing gown. "I've been especially bad," the tagline reads.
In an interview with Vanity Fair, she responded to the controversy, "Oh, my God, I heard about that. I find it a bit odd. It seems like it's all just publicity - a lot of noise for nothing. You have so many more violent things in the movie business and this is kind of soft. I'm not naked. It's suggested.... I'm not actually naked on the poster."
"I find it really sexy, actually," she went on. "It's kind of beautiful. But if it shocks people, I don't know what to do about it. I don't want to upset anybody. I don't want to be seen as just the femme fatale or put into some silly box. I hope that people will have enough imagination."
Coming nine years after the groundbreaking first film "Sin City" in 2005, the film weaves together two of Miller's classic stories with new tales in which the town's most hard boiled citizens cross paths with some of its more repulsive inhabitants. It is set for U.S. release on August 22 this year.
In Green's segment, Josh Brolin's Dwight McCarthy struggles with his inner demons and tries to maintain control until his former lover Ava Lord returns seeking help from her abusive husband billionaire Damien Lord. But her true intentions are far more sinister than they appear.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off