Linkin Park Tapped to Headline First MTV Fandom Awards at Comic-Con
Linkin Park has been announced as a headliner for the first-ever mtvU Fandom Awards and MTV Fan Fest. Both events are set to be held on Thursday, July 24 at Petco Park during Comic-Con International: San Diego.
"The mtvU Fandom Awards will reinvent the traditional award show format," says executive producer Ryan Kroft. "In addition to handing out trophies, we will recognize the achievements of fans and their favorite obsessions with special surprises and experiences. It's the perfect event to reward the fans at Comic-Con, the epicenter of all fandoms."
The nominees or hosts for the upcoming awards show will be announced at a later date. On Sunday July 27, the last day of Comic-Con, MTV and mtvU will air an hour-long special with highlights from the July 24 events.
Linkin Park is currently gearing up for the release of their new album, "The Hunting Party". Slated to hit the stores on June 17, the LP will feature guest appearances from Rakim, Helmet's Page Hamilton and Daron Malakian from System of a Down.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'