Linkin Park Tapped to Headline First MTV Fandom Awards at Comic-Con
Linkin Park has been announced as a headliner for the first-ever mtvU Fandom Awards and MTV Fan Fest. Both events are set to be held on Thursday, July 24 at Petco Park during Comic-Con International: San Diego.
"The mtvU Fandom Awards will reinvent the traditional award show format," says executive producer Ryan Kroft. "In addition to handing out trophies, we will recognize the achievements of fans and their favorite obsessions with special surprises and experiences. It's the perfect event to reward the fans at Comic-Con, the epicenter of all fandoms."
The nominees or hosts for the upcoming awards show will be announced at a later date. On Sunday July 27, the last day of Comic-Con, MTV and mtvU will air an hour-long special with highlights from the July 24 events.
Linkin Park is currently gearing up for the release of their new album, "The Hunting Party". Slated to hit the stores on June 17, the LP will feature guest appearances from Rakim, Helmet's Page Hamilton and Daron Malakian from System of a Down.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set