Linkin Park Tapped to Headline First MTV Fandom Awards at Comic-Con
Linkin Park has been announced as a headliner for the first-ever mtvU Fandom Awards and MTV Fan Fest. Both events are set to be held on Thursday, July 24 at Petco Park during Comic-Con International: San Diego.
"The mtvU Fandom Awards will reinvent the traditional award show format," says executive producer Ryan Kroft. "In addition to handing out trophies, we will recognize the achievements of fans and their favorite obsessions with special surprises and experiences. It's the perfect event to reward the fans at Comic-Con, the epicenter of all fandoms."
The nominees or hosts for the upcoming awards show will be announced at a later date. On Sunday July 27, the last day of Comic-Con, MTV and mtvU will air an hour-long special with highlights from the July 24 events.
Linkin Park is currently gearing up for the release of their new album, "The Hunting Party". Slated to hit the stores on June 17, the LP will feature guest appearances from Rakim, Helmet's Page Hamilton and Daron Malakian from System of a Down.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit