'Homeland' Casts 'Life of Pi' Star Suraj Sharma for Season 4
"Homeland" adds another actor to its cast ensemble for season 4. The action thriller series has cast Suraj Sharma, who made his acting debut in Ang Lee's "Life of Pi", in recurring role as Aayan Ibrahim, a Pakistani medical student who crosses paths with Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes). Entertainment Weekly was the first to report the news of Sharma's casting.
Just a few days ago, the show tapped Corey Stoll and Laila Robins to join the cast. The "House of Cards" alum will guest star Sandy Bachman, the CIA chief of station in Pakistan who's a rising star within the agency, while Robins landed a series regular role as Martha Boyd, U.S. ambassador to Pakistan, who is described as "professional and put together, with a ship-to-ship voice and the personality to match."
"Homeland" will kick off production for season 4 later this month in Cape Town, South Africa for a fall premiere. The new season will likely see Carrie on a field mission after she took a job as chief of station in the Middle East.
After starring in the critically-acclaimed 3D film "Life of Pi", Sharma landed a role in "Million Dollar Arm", a biopic about sports agent JB Bernstein who is portrayed by Jon Hamm.
More Homeland News
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram