'Homeland' Casts 'Life of Pi' Star Suraj Sharma for Season 4
"Homeland" adds another actor to its cast ensemble for season 4. The action thriller series has cast Suraj Sharma, who made his acting debut in Ang Lee's "Life of Pi", in recurring role as Aayan Ibrahim, a Pakistani medical student who crosses paths with Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes). Entertainment Weekly was the first to report the news of Sharma's casting.
Just a few days ago, the show tapped Corey Stoll and Laila Robins to join the cast. The "House of Cards" alum will guest star Sandy Bachman, the CIA chief of station in Pakistan who's a rising star within the agency, while Robins landed a series regular role as Martha Boyd, U.S. ambassador to Pakistan, who is described as "professional and put together, with a ship-to-ship voice and the personality to match."
"Homeland" will kick off production for season 4 later this month in Cape Town, South Africa for a fall premiere. The new season will likely see Carrie on a field mission after she took a job as chief of station in the Middle East.
After starring in the critically-acclaimed 3D film "Life of Pi", Sharma landed a role in "Million Dollar Arm", a biopic about sports agent JB Bernstein who is portrayed by Jon Hamm.
More Homeland News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months