Michael Jace Called Father-in-Law After Shooting Wife
Actor Michael Jace, who is charged with one count of murder with a gun following a shooting incident which killed his wife of 10 years April, called his father-in-law to tell him of the shooting. A 911 call recording of Michael's father-in-law, which was released by the Los Angeles Fire Department on Thursday, June 5, shows that the star of "The Shield" called him to take care of the children.
"My son-in-law called me, and (texted) me, and said come get the kids because he shot April, our daughter," the caller told the dispatcher. He apparently was driving to the couple's home when making the phone call. Jace and April have two young children and an older son from her previous marriage. April's older brother Carlo Laune told New York Daily News that the children now live with the family from her side.
Following the release of the audio, Michael's lawyers Jason Sias and Jamon Hicks have released a statement to The Associated Press. They said of the case, "We have the utmost concern for the Jace children. Mr. Jace has a constitutional right to a defense. It remains extremely early and we are still in the fact-finding process."
April was found dead with gunshot wounds on May 19. In a statement, April's family called the shooting "a senseless act of domestic violence." Police have not revealed the motive of the shooting, whether it was related to financial difficulties or other problems.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger