Michael Jace Called Father-in-Law After Shooting Wife
Actor Michael Jace, who is charged with one count of murder with a gun following a shooting incident which killed his wife of 10 years April, called his father-in-law to tell him of the shooting. A 911 call recording of Michael's father-in-law, which was released by the Los Angeles Fire Department on Thursday, June 5, shows that the star of "The Shield" called him to take care of the children.
"My son-in-law called me, and (texted) me, and said come get the kids because he shot April, our daughter," the caller told the dispatcher. He apparently was driving to the couple's home when making the phone call. Jace and April have two young children and an older son from her previous marriage. April's older brother Carlo Laune told New York Daily News that the children now live with the family from her side.
Following the release of the audio, Michael's lawyers Jason Sias and Jamon Hicks have released a statement to The Associated Press. They said of the case, "We have the utmost concern for the Jace children. Mr. Jace has a constitutional right to a defense. It remains extremely early and we are still in the fact-finding process."
April was found dead with gunshot wounds on May 19. In a statement, April's family called the shooting "a senseless act of domestic violence." Police have not revealed the motive of the shooting, whether it was related to financial difficulties or other problems.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3