Michael Jace Called Father-in-Law After Shooting Wife
Actor Michael Jace, who is charged with one count of murder with a gun following a shooting incident which killed his wife of 10 years April, called his father-in-law to tell him of the shooting. A 911 call recording of Michael's father-in-law, which was released by the Los Angeles Fire Department on Thursday, June 5, shows that the star of "The Shield" called him to take care of the children.
"My son-in-law called me, and (texted) me, and said come get the kids because he shot April, our daughter," the caller told the dispatcher. He apparently was driving to the couple's home when making the phone call. Jace and April have two young children and an older son from her previous marriage. April's older brother Carlo Laune told New York Daily News that the children now live with the family from her side.
Following the release of the audio, Michael's lawyers Jason Sias and Jamon Hicks have released a statement to The Associated Press. They said of the case, "We have the utmost concern for the Jace children. Mr. Jace has a constitutional right to a defense. It remains extremely early and we are still in the fact-finding process."
April was found dead with gunshot wounds on May 19. In a statement, April's family called the shooting "a senseless act of domestic violence." Police have not revealed the motive of the shooting, whether it was related to financial difficulties or other problems.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?