Prince Harry's Ex Cressida Bonas Lands 'Tulip Fever' Role
Cressida Bonas was known as Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend but she is on the way to shed that royal image. The 25-year-old aspiring actress has landed her first acting job in a feature film.
The London Evening Standard reported Thursday, June 5 that Bonas had signed up for Harvey Weinstein's "Tulip Fever". She is to star opposite Victoria's Secret model Cara Delevingne and actress Daisy Lowe. The casting directors chosen her to be part of a society lady in the adaptation of Deborah Moggach's best-selling 1999 novel.
"It's so clever," a film insider told the London Evening Standard. "They've cast actual models like Cara and Daisy to play the artists' models and for the part of the society lady they've cast Prince Harry's ex."
Taking place in the 17th century and over Amsterdam background, "Tulip Fever" follows an artist who falls for a married young woman while he's commissioned to paint her portrait. The two invest in the risky tulip market in hopes to build a future together.
Judi Dench, Matthew Morrison, Christoph Waltz and Zach Galifianakis are also attached to star while "The Other Boleyn Girl" helmer Justin Chadwick is locked to direct.
Bonas studied drama and dance at Leeds University and at the Laban Conservatoire in London. She reportedly broke up with Harry to pursue career in acting. She made her debut singing Cockney wolf at the Hay Festival last week.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby