Prince Harry's Ex Cressida Bonas Lands 'Tulip Fever' Role
Cressida Bonas was known as Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend but she is on the way to shed that royal image. The 25-year-old aspiring actress has landed her first acting job in a feature film.
The London Evening Standard reported Thursday, June 5 that Bonas had signed up for Harvey Weinstein's "Tulip Fever". She is to star opposite Victoria's Secret model Cara Delevingne and actress Daisy Lowe. The casting directors chosen her to be part of a society lady in the adaptation of Deborah Moggach's best-selling 1999 novel.
"It's so clever," a film insider told the London Evening Standard. "They've cast actual models like Cara and Daisy to play the artists' models and for the part of the society lady they've cast Prince Harry's ex."
Taking place in the 17th century and over Amsterdam background, "Tulip Fever" follows an artist who falls for a married young woman while he's commissioned to paint her portrait. The two invest in the risky tulip market in hopes to build a future together.
Judi Dench, Matthew Morrison, Christoph Waltz and Zach Galifianakis are also attached to star while "The Other Boleyn Girl" helmer Justin Chadwick is locked to direct.
Bonas studied drama and dance at Leeds University and at the Laban Conservatoire in London. She reportedly broke up with Harry to pursue career in acting. She made her debut singing Cockney wolf at the Hay Festival last week.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit