Video: Pharrell Performs 'Happy' and 'Come Get It Bae' on 'Today' Concert Series
Pharrell Williams hit the stage of "Today" concert series on Thursday morning, June 5. Braving the pouring rain, the Grammy-winning producer excited fans with the live performances of some of his hit singles.
Donning a denim jacket over a white T-shirt, a pair of jeans and a hat, Pharrell tackled "Happy" and "Come Get It Bae", which were lifted from his latest solo album "G I R L". He performed the upbeat tracks while being joined onstage by his female dancers, the Baes.
In an interview with host Savannah Guthrie, Pharrell talked about joining the upcoming season of "The Voice". The singer, who will serve as a coach alongside Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani, said, "My wife has always been obsessed with [the show], so we always watch it. I never imagined being up there, either. All of this is a great surprise. It's just awesome."
Guthrie also revealed that Pharrell actually requested a photo of late scientist Carl Sagan in his dressing room. The the 41-year-old hitmaker then explained, "I watched 'Cosmos' as a child and I was always blown away by [Sagan's] mind and the way he thought."
"When I look at that picture I realize how lucky we all are ... to be on this planet and be able to do what we love to do every day. Seeing Carl's face reminds me of it," he added.
More Pharrell Williams News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up