Video: Pharrell Performs 'Happy' and 'Come Get It Bae' on 'Today' Concert Series
Pharrell Williams hit the stage of "Today" concert series on Thursday morning, June 5. Braving the pouring rain, the Grammy-winning producer excited fans with the live performances of some of his hit singles.
Donning a denim jacket over a white T-shirt, a pair of jeans and a hat, Pharrell tackled "Happy" and "Come Get It Bae", which were lifted from his latest solo album "G I R L". He performed the upbeat tracks while being joined onstage by his female dancers, the Baes.
In an interview with host Savannah Guthrie, Pharrell talked about joining the upcoming season of "The Voice". The singer, who will serve as a coach alongside Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani, said, "My wife has always been obsessed with [the show], so we always watch it. I never imagined being up there, either. All of this is a great surprise. It's just awesome."
Guthrie also revealed that Pharrell actually requested a photo of late scientist Carl Sagan in his dressing room. The the 41-year-old hitmaker then explained, "I watched 'Cosmos' as a child and I was always blown away by [Sagan's] mind and the way he thought."
"When I look at that picture I realize how lucky we all are ... to be on this planet and be able to do what we love to do every day. Seeing Carl's face reminds me of it," he added.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why