Video: Pharrell Performs 'Happy' and 'Come Get It Bae' on 'Today' Concert Series
Pharrell Williams hit the stage of "Today" concert series on Thursday morning, June 5. Braving the pouring rain, the Grammy-winning producer excited fans with the live performances of some of his hit singles.
Donning a denim jacket over a white T-shirt, a pair of jeans and a hat, Pharrell tackled "Happy" and "Come Get It Bae", which were lifted from his latest solo album "G I R L". He performed the upbeat tracks while being joined onstage by his female dancers, the Baes.
In an interview with host Savannah Guthrie, Pharrell talked about joining the upcoming season of "The Voice". The singer, who will serve as a coach alongside Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani, said, "My wife has always been obsessed with [the show], so we always watch it. I never imagined being up there, either. All of this is a great surprise. It's just awesome."
Guthrie also revealed that Pharrell actually requested a photo of late scientist Carl Sagan in his dressing room. The the 41-year-old hitmaker then explained, "I watched 'Cosmos' as a child and I was always blown away by [Sagan's] mind and the way he thought."
"When I look at that picture I realize how lucky we all are ... to be on this planet and be able to do what we love to do every day. Seeing Carl's face reminds me of it," he added.
More Pharrell Williams News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch