Video: Pharrell Performs 'Happy' and 'Come Get It Bae' on 'Today' Concert Series
Pharrell Williams hit the stage of "Today" concert series on Thursday morning, June 5. Braving the pouring rain, the Grammy-winning producer excited fans with the live performances of some of his hit singles.
Donning a denim jacket over a white T-shirt, a pair of jeans and a hat, Pharrell tackled "Happy" and "Come Get It Bae", which were lifted from his latest solo album "G I R L". He performed the upbeat tracks while being joined onstage by his female dancers, the Baes.
In an interview with host Savannah Guthrie, Pharrell talked about joining the upcoming season of "The Voice". The singer, who will serve as a coach alongside Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani, said, "My wife has always been obsessed with [the show], so we always watch it. I never imagined being up there, either. All of this is a great surprise. It's just awesome."
Guthrie also revealed that Pharrell actually requested a photo of late scientist Carl Sagan in his dressing room. The the 41-year-old hitmaker then explained, "I watched 'Cosmos' as a child and I was always blown away by [Sagan's] mind and the way he thought."
"When I look at that picture I realize how lucky we all are ... to be on this planet and be able to do what we love to do every day. Seeing Carl's face reminds me of it," he added.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch