Melissa McCarthy Says Designers Refused to Make Oscar Dresses in Her Size
Although Melissa McCarthy looks gorgeous in various events, she apparently had difficulties finding suitable outfits for the festivities. The "Bridesmaids" star talks about the experience and other topics in an interview with RedBook, saying that some designers once refused her request to make dress with her size.
"When I go shopping, most of the time I'm disappointed," McCarthy explains why she started a plus-size clothing line. "Two Oscars ago, I couldn't find anybody to do a dress for me. I asked five or six designers - very high-level ones who make lots of dresses for people - and they all said no."
The star of "The Heat" goes on talking about her marriage to husband Ben Falcone who played the air marshall in "Bridesmaids", explaining that their focus on the family contributed to their solid relationship. "We have a great marriage, and outside forces can't really change that," she states.
"Success doesn't define us, even though we love what we do. The important thing is our family and kids. I see teenagers or people who are 21 and think, I was an idiot at that age. I was running around New York like a crazy woman. Thank God I only had three and a half cents to my name. I was too immature to handle success then," the "Identity Thief" star says.
The mother of two also shares a story about her daughter who asked her about fame. "She asked me, 'Are you famous?' McCarthy recalls. "And I said to her, 'Famous doesn't mean anything. Just because people know my face doesn't mean they know us or that it makes us any more interesting or better.' "
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip