Maureen Dowd Tought She Would Die After Consuming Pot Candy Bar
Maureen Dowd revealed her first experience of having pot candy bar in The New York Times column on June 3. Her story began when she stayed in one of Denver hotels and wanted to try a legal and edible pot from local shop. "What could go wrong with a bite or two?" she wrote. She then finally regretted her act as she was in bad hallucinatory state for eight hours after she consumed the pot candy bar.
Maureen revealed, at the early hours after she ate the pot candy bar, she felt nothing and she even wanted to go out for dinner and then returned to her boring drugs of choice. But after that, her body and brain started to tremble. She tried hard to reach her bed from the desk, and she hallucinated for the next eight hours.
"I was thirsty but couldn't move to get water. Or even turn off the lights. I was panting and paranoid, sure that when the room-service waiter knocked and I didn't answer, he'd call the police and have me arrested for being unable to handle my candy," the 62-year-old columnist recalled.
She added, "I strained to remember where I was or even what I was wearing, touching my green corduroy jeans and staring at the exposed-brick wall. As my paranoia deepened, I became convinced that I had died and no one was telling me."
The next day, a medical consultant, who interviewed Maureen, revealed that the candy bar she had consumed actually needed to be cut into 16 pieces for an amateur user.
Marijuana has become popular in the U.S. since 1960. According to National Institute of Drug Abuse, consuming marijuana can produce several dangerous effects like high euphoria, memory impairment, adverse mental reactions and some physical changes.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years