CMT Music Awards 2014: Lionel Richie, Luke Bryan Grab Performance of the Year Award
More winners at the CMT Music Awards have been unveiled. Veteran singer Lionel Richie managed to shine at the country event which is currently underway at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.
The 64-year-old performer was announced as a winner alongside Luke Bryan in CMT Performance of the Year category. "How did this happen?" Richie reacted to the fact that he had just edged out competitors including Willie Nelson and Neil Young.
Not so long after collecting the Performance of the Year trophy, Bryan picked up another prize for another collaboration. He and Florida Georgia Line took home the Collaborative Video of the Year award for "This Is How We Roll", a song that they performed when kicking off the awards show earlier this night.
Following performances from Bryan and Lady Antebellum, who sang "Play It Again" and "Bartender" respectively, Miranda Lambert graced the stage to collect the Female Video of the Year award thanks to her "Automatic" clip. Florida Georgia Line then told the crowd they were "partying tonight" after their "Round Here" was named Duo Video of the Year.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts