Coldplay Nabs Second Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, Mariah Carey Comes at No. 3
Coldplay's "Ghost Stories" is spending its second week at No. 1 on Billboard 200. The album, which landed at the chart's top slot last week with this year's biggest sales week, has sold another 83,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The record has so far sold a total of 466,000 copies, making it the sixth-largest-selling album of 2014. The soundtrack of Disney's "Frozen (2013)" is still the biggest-selling album of the year with 2.5 million.
Also holding its position steady is last week's runner-up, Brantley Gilbert's "Just as I Am". The country singer's third studio album stays at No. 2 with 65,000.
Next, Mariah Carey has her long-delayed album "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse" landed at No. 3 with 58,000. That is Carey's lowest opening sales for a non-holiday album since SoundScan began powering Billboard 200 in 1991.
Behind "The Elusive Chanteuse" is "Frozen" soundtrack. The set, which ruled the chart for 13 non-consecutive weeks earlier this year, stays at No. 4 with just over 58,000. Closing out the top 5 is Austin Mahone's debut EP, "The Secret", that opens with 46,000.
The "Now 50" compilation album remains at No. 6 with 41,000. It's followed by Michael Jackson's "Xscape" which slides from No. 3 to No. 7 with 35,000. The Black Keys' "Turn Blue" falls three rungs to No. 8 with 32,000.
Crowder's "Neon Steeple" becomes the last record to debut in the top 10. It arrives at No. 9 with 22,000. Iggy Azalea's "The New Classic" slips to No. 10 from last week's No. 9 with 18,000. The Australian raptress, meanwhile, is ruling the Billboard 100 as her Charli XCX-assisted hit single "Fancy" remains atop the chart after selling 283,000 downloads.
- "Ghost Stories" - Coldplay (83,000)
- "Just As I Am" - Brantley Gilbert (65,000)
- "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse" - Mariah Carey (58,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (58,000)
- "The Secret" - Austin Mahone (46,000)
- The "Now 50" Album - Various Artists (41,000)
- "Xscape" - Michael Jackson (35,000)
- "Turn Blue" - The Black Keys (32,000)
- "Neon Steeple" - Crowder (22,000)
- "The New Classic" - Iggy Azalea (18,000)
More Coldplay News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!