CMT Music Awards 2014: Casadee Pope, Blake Shelton Among Early Winners
The 2014 CMT Music Awards was kicked off on Wednesday night, June 4 at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena. Country duo Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan opened the annual awards show with the live performance of their collaborative single, "This Is How We Roll".
The Band Perry was the first act to win an award that night. Jason Aldean was on hand to present the group with the Group Video of the Year trophy for their "Done". The country trio thanked a lot of people, including the "beautiful fans of country music" and Declan Whitebloom who directed their video.
Blake Shelton took the stage to announce the winner of the Breakthrough Video of the Year award, which eventually went to his "The Voice" protege Cassadee Pope for her "Wasting All These Tears". "I still need him (Blake) for some things," Pope said during her acceptance speech.
Later, Alan Jackson became the first recipient of CMT Impact Award. He was accompanied by his wife Denise onstage as he thanked everyone as well as CMT for their support over the years. Shelton then returned to the stage to collect the Male Video of the Year award for his "Doin' What She Likes".
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger