CMT Music Awards 2014: Casadee Pope, Blake Shelton Among Early Winners
The 2014 CMT Music Awards was kicked off on Wednesday night, June 4 at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena. Country duo Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan opened the annual awards show with the live performance of their collaborative single, "This Is How We Roll".
The Band Perry was the first act to win an award that night. Jason Aldean was on hand to present the group with the Group Video of the Year trophy for their "Done". The country trio thanked a lot of people, including the "beautiful fans of country music" and Declan Whitebloom who directed their video.
Blake Shelton took the stage to announce the winner of the Breakthrough Video of the Year award, which eventually went to his "The Voice" protege Cassadee Pope for her "Wasting All These Tears". "I still need him (Blake) for some things," Pope said during her acceptance speech.
Later, Alan Jackson became the first recipient of CMT Impact Award. He was accompanied by his wife Denise onstage as he thanked everyone as well as CMT for their support over the years. Shelton then returned to the stage to collect the Male Video of the Year award for his "Doin' What She Likes".
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame