Gwyneth Paltrow Supports Theory That Water Has Feelings
Gwyneth Paltrow's name is back on the headlines for supporting the theory that water has feelings. In her lifestyle website Goop, the 41-year-old actress endorsed the work of Japanese entrepreneur Masuru Emoto who published books about the changes of water structure affected by human consciousness.
"I have long had Dr. Emoto's coffee table book on how negativity changes the structure of water," Paltrow wrote on her blog. "How the molecules behave differently depending on the words or music being expressed around it." She added, "I am fascinated by the growing science behind the energy of consciousness and its effects on matter."
Emoto had often been criticized for his work, being labeled pseudoscience and violating the basic laws of physics. Paltrow asked her friend Dr. Habib Sadeghi to explain Emoto's theory.
Sadeghi wrote, "In his experiments, Emoto poured pure water into vials labeled with negative phrases like 'I hate you' or 'Fear.' After 24 hours, the water was frozen, and no longer crystallized under the microscope: It yielded grey, misshapen clumps instead of beautiful lace-like crystals. In contrast, Emoto placed labels that said things like 'I love you' or 'Peace' on vials of polluted water, and after 24 hours, they produced gleaming, perfectly hexagonal crystals."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama