Gwyneth Paltrow Supports Theory That Water Has Feelings
Gwyneth Paltrow's name is back on the headlines for supporting the theory that water has feelings. In her lifestyle website Goop, the 41-year-old actress endorsed the work of Japanese entrepreneur Masuru Emoto who published books about the changes of water structure affected by human consciousness.
"I have long had Dr. Emoto's coffee table book on how negativity changes the structure of water," Paltrow wrote on her blog. "How the molecules behave differently depending on the words or music being expressed around it." She added, "I am fascinated by the growing science behind the energy of consciousness and its effects on matter."
Emoto had often been criticized for his work, being labeled pseudoscience and violating the basic laws of physics. Paltrow asked her friend Dr. Habib Sadeghi to explain Emoto's theory.
Sadeghi wrote, "In his experiments, Emoto poured pure water into vials labeled with negative phrases like 'I hate you' or 'Fear.' After 24 hours, the water was frozen, and no longer crystallized under the microscope: It yielded grey, misshapen clumps instead of beautiful lace-like crystals. In contrast, Emoto placed labels that said things like 'I love you' or 'Peace' on vials of polluted water, and after 24 hours, they produced gleaming, perfectly hexagonal crystals."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test