Gwyneth Paltrow Supports Theory That Water Has Feelings
Gwyneth Paltrow's name is back on the headlines for supporting the theory that water has feelings. In her lifestyle website Goop, the 41-year-old actress endorsed the work of Japanese entrepreneur Masuru Emoto who published books about the changes of water structure affected by human consciousness.
"I have long had Dr. Emoto's coffee table book on how negativity changes the structure of water," Paltrow wrote on her blog. "How the molecules behave differently depending on the words or music being expressed around it." She added, "I am fascinated by the growing science behind the energy of consciousness and its effects on matter."
Emoto had often been criticized for his work, being labeled pseudoscience and violating the basic laws of physics. Paltrow asked her friend Dr. Habib Sadeghi to explain Emoto's theory.
Sadeghi wrote, "In his experiments, Emoto poured pure water into vials labeled with negative phrases like 'I hate you' or 'Fear.' After 24 hours, the water was frozen, and no longer crystallized under the microscope: It yielded grey, misshapen clumps instead of beautiful lace-like crystals. In contrast, Emoto placed labels that said things like 'I love you' or 'Peace' on vials of polluted water, and after 24 hours, they produced gleaming, perfectly hexagonal crystals."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'