Naomi Watts Joins 'Divergent' Sequels as Four's Mom
Naomi Watts is on the verge of joining the "Divergent" franchise, taking the major role of Evelyn. The Oscar nominee is in final negotiations to star in Liongate's "Insurgent" and the two "Allegiant" movies.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Watts will be Evelyn, the estranged mother of Tris' boyfriend Four and the leader of Factionless. The character plays a major role in the sequels, coming in between Four and Tris as well as having a great cause by trying to convince Dauntless to join her group.
Shooting for "Insurgent" has begun in Atlanta with Shailene Woodley returning in the lead role of Tris. Robert Schwentke is directing "Insurgent" from a screenplay by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman. The movie is eying a March 20, 2015 release.
Last month, it was announced that Octavia Spencer, Suki Waterhouse and Jonny Weston had landed roles in "Insurgent". Spencer will play Johanna, the leader of Amity faction, whom the main characters seek help from during the crisis. Waterhouse is set as Marlene, a member of Dauntless faction, while Weston's role is yet known.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?