Naomi Watts Joins 'Divergent' Sequels as Four's Mom
Naomi Watts is on the verge of joining the "Divergent" franchise, taking the major role of Evelyn. The Oscar nominee is in final negotiations to star in Liongate's "Insurgent" and the two "Allegiant" movies.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Watts will be Evelyn, the estranged mother of Tris' boyfriend Four and the leader of Factionless. The character plays a major role in the sequels, coming in between Four and Tris as well as having a great cause by trying to convince Dauntless to join her group.
Shooting for "Insurgent" has begun in Atlanta with Shailene Woodley returning in the lead role of Tris. Robert Schwentke is directing "Insurgent" from a screenplay by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman. The movie is eying a March 20, 2015 release.
Last month, it was announced that Octavia Spencer, Suki Waterhouse and Jonny Weston had landed roles in "Insurgent". Spencer will play Johanna, the leader of Amity faction, whom the main characters seek help from during the crisis. Waterhouse is set as Marlene, a member of Dauntless faction, while Weston's role is yet known.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris