Naomi Watts Joins 'Divergent' Sequels as Four's Mom
Naomi Watts is on the verge of joining the "Divergent" franchise, taking the major role of Evelyn. The Oscar nominee is in final negotiations to star in Liongate's "Insurgent" and the two "Allegiant" movies.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Watts will be Evelyn, the estranged mother of Tris' boyfriend Four and the leader of Factionless. The character plays a major role in the sequels, coming in between Four and Tris as well as having a great cause by trying to convince Dauntless to join her group.
Shooting for "Insurgent" has begun in Atlanta with Shailene Woodley returning in the lead role of Tris. Robert Schwentke is directing "Insurgent" from a screenplay by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman. The movie is eying a March 20, 2015 release.
Last month, it was announced that Octavia Spencer, Suki Waterhouse and Jonny Weston had landed roles in "Insurgent". Spencer will play Johanna, the leader of Amity faction, whom the main characters seek help from during the crisis. Waterhouse is set as Marlene, a member of Dauntless faction, while Weston's role is yet known.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child