Naomi Watts Joins 'Divergent' Sequels as Four's Mom
Naomi Watts is on the verge of joining the "Divergent" franchise, taking the major role of Evelyn. The Oscar nominee is in final negotiations to star in Liongate's "Insurgent" and the two "Allegiant" movies.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Watts will be Evelyn, the estranged mother of Tris' boyfriend Four and the leader of Factionless. The character plays a major role in the sequels, coming in between Four and Tris as well as having a great cause by trying to convince Dauntless to join her group.
Shooting for "Insurgent" has begun in Atlanta with Shailene Woodley returning in the lead role of Tris. Robert Schwentke is directing "Insurgent" from a screenplay by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman. The movie is eying a March 20, 2015 release.
Last month, it was announced that Octavia Spencer, Suki Waterhouse and Jonny Weston had landed roles in "Insurgent". Spencer will play Johanna, the leader of Amity faction, whom the main characters seek help from during the crisis. Waterhouse is set as Marlene, a member of Dauntless faction, while Weston's role is yet known.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'