La Toya Jackson Engaged to Business Partner Jeffre Phillips
La Toya Jackson is engaged. Her longtime business partner Jeffre Phillips proposed to her while they were on a vacation in Hawaii last August. Her answer was a yes but "it wasn't a fast yes," she told People, because she was caught off guard by the proposal.
Before Phillips, 46, popped the question, he treated 58-year-old Jackson to a romantic dinner. She followed a path of white rose petals and gardenias out to their hotel balcony before he surprised her with a 17.5 carat diamond ring, hidden under her dessert tray.
"I had no clue," the singer said. "I couldn't understand why he was so nervous." And when Phillips bended on his knee, "my heart just stopped," she recalled.
"I was in total shock," she explained. "We're best friends and we've been business partners forever. It was always professional - no one really crossed those boundaries."
When asked about the wedding date, Jackson played coy. "You have to wait to see the show," she said, referring to her reality series "Life with La Toya" which will premiere June 7 on OWN. It will include footage of Phillips asking her father Joe Jackson for her hand in marriage.
As an effort to promote the show, she dropped by "Good Morning America" where she showed off her new gigantic rock. "I've always wanted to be a mother, all my life," she said of her desire to start a family, adding that she's considered adoption.
It will be her second marriage. She was previously married to her then-manager Jack Gordon. They got divorced after years of abusive relationship.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal