Ameriie Releases Comeback Single 'What I Want'
Amerie, or now Ameriie, is finally back. Ending her five-year hiatus, the R&B singer returns to the game on Tuesday, June 3 with a new single called "What I Want". It is a funky retro track that features a sample of Sugarhill Gang's classic "Apache".
In the song, Ameriie tells her boy to stop chasing other girls because she has everything he needs. "Let me be your one and only/ That's what I want," she sings. "You don't have to look no further/ That's what I want."
Ameriie is currently in the studio to work on her new album, but there's still no word on whether or not "What I Want" will end up being featured in the follow-up to 2009's "In Love & War". The upcoming record, previously titled "Cymatika Vol. 1", still has no official release date.
Following the arrival of her new single, Ameriie took to Instagram to share her excitement, writing, "So happy to share #newmusic with you."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism