'Tonight Show' Video: Music Fans Clueless About Macklemore's Collaborator Ryan Lewis
"Everyone knows who Macklemore is. But not many people know who Ryan Lewis is, or, even what he does," Jimmy Fallon said as he introduced a clip on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" Monday night, June 2. In the video, Ryan Lewis of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis interviewed music fans to find out what they knew about him.
The result was hilarious as some self-proclaimed hip-hop fans were clueless about Lewis. One young guy, who said his favorite music acts are Eminem and Macklemore, said of Lewis, "Don't really know what he does; he's like a package deal. He comes with Macklemore a lot."
Another guy thought Lewis is working onstage with "computers and whatnot." One woman, who gave Lewis C+ for his looks, couldn't even recognize him after he showed his picture with Macklemore. Another woman said she didn't know what Lewis looked like, but said he's more good looking than Macklemore after seeing the photo of the rap duo.
Toward the end of the video, Macklemore himself showed up to poke fun at Lewis, saying he had "no idea" what Lewis did.
The next day, Fallon welcomed Jonah Hill as a guest. The actor used the chance to once again apologize for making a gay slur to a paparazoo. "I didn't mean this in the sense of the word, you know? I didn't mean it in a homophobic way," he said, looking emotional. "I think that, um, that doesn't matter. How you mean things doesn't matter. Words have weight and meaning, and the word I chose was grotesque. And, you know? No one deserves to say or hear words like that."
"I genuinely am deeply sorry to anyone who's ever been affected by that term in their life," the "22 Jump Street" star added. "I don't deserve or expect your forgiveness, but what I ask is that at home; if you're watching this, and you're a young person especially; if someone says something that hurts you or angers you, use me as an example of what not to do, and don't respond with hatred or anger. Because you're just adding more ugliness to the world."
Ryan Lewis Interviews Music Fans About Ryan Lewis:
Jonah Hill Addresses His Controversial Remarks:
More The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!