Lisa Kudrow Demands New Trial in Lawsuit Against Ex-Manager
Lisa Kudrow wants a retrial for a case involving her ex-manager. The "Friends" star demands new trial after a juror Steve de Bode wrote an apology letter to her lawyer, suggesting that he had made a mistake. Back in February, Kudrow was ordered to pay her manager Scott Howard $1.6 million for breach of contract.
"Having now had some time to fully interpret the discussion within the jury room, I have come to realize that the majority of the jurors believed the Plaintiff's council, who in his opening statement portrayed Lisa Kudrow as 'the smartest person in the room' and then over the course of the trial proceeded to demean and 'play up' her Phoebe Buffay (Friends) role throughout," read the letter, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter.
"I personally hold her in the highest regard for her bravery, honesty and determination in facing public scrutiny and media attention for what is and should have remained a private matter, in order to fight for what she, and now I, believe was right," it continued. "Please pass on my personal apology for the verdict to Lisa Kudrow and let her know that I firmly believe the majority decision was not correct."
Kudrow hoped that the letter would help her to get a new trial as her new attorney Timothy Lee cited jury misconduct for the request. Howard's attorney Mark Baute has also commented on the letter, saying that the juror "was more than a bit eccentric."
"His letter and his declaration show clearly that he was so biased and in love with Ms. Kudrow that he was actually misquoting the record to the other jurors," he added. "If [Kudrow does] face a retrial, it will be a 12-0 in Scott Howard's favour on the next trial, and the judgement will be for more money than this judgment."
Kudrow and Howard are scheduled to appear in court on June 10.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms