Lisa Kudrow Demands New Trial in Lawsuit Against Ex-Manager
Lisa Kudrow wants a retrial for a case involving her ex-manager. The "Friends" star demands new trial after a juror Steve de Bode wrote an apology letter to her lawyer, suggesting that he had made a mistake. Back in February, Kudrow was ordered to pay her manager Scott Howard $1.6 million for breach of contract.
"Having now had some time to fully interpret the discussion within the jury room, I have come to realize that the majority of the jurors believed the Plaintiff's council, who in his opening statement portrayed Lisa Kudrow as 'the smartest person in the room' and then over the course of the trial proceeded to demean and 'play up' her Phoebe Buffay (Friends) role throughout," read the letter, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter.
"I personally hold her in the highest regard for her bravery, honesty and determination in facing public scrutiny and media attention for what is and should have remained a private matter, in order to fight for what she, and now I, believe was right," it continued. "Please pass on my personal apology for the verdict to Lisa Kudrow and let her know that I firmly believe the majority decision was not correct."
Kudrow hoped that the letter would help her to get a new trial as her new attorney Timothy Lee cited jury misconduct for the request. Howard's attorney Mark Baute has also commented on the letter, saying that the juror "was more than a bit eccentric."
"His letter and his declaration show clearly that he was so biased and in love with Ms. Kudrow that he was actually misquoting the record to the other jurors," he added. "If [Kudrow does] face a retrial, it will be a 12-0 in Scott Howard's favour on the next trial, and the judgement will be for more money than this judgment."
Kudrow and Howard are scheduled to appear in court on June 10.
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series