Report: Paul Walker's Brother Cody to Star in More 'Fast and Furious' Movies
Paul Walker's brother Cody Walker will reportedly return for more "Fast and Furious" films after the seventh installment. "Paul's character Brian O'Conner will be seen retiring, while his younger brother will join the crew," an insider spilled to the Daily Mail.
Cody who bears a striking resemblance to Paul is reportedly a paramedic who previously worked as a movie stuntman. In the upcoming "Fast and Furious 7", he acts as a stand-in for the late actor along with the other brother Caleb Walker.
"Of course, Cody isn't a replacement for Paul in any way," the source said, "but the producers were really grateful that he stepped in to help them finish this last film and Cody so likeable and charming. It would be a tribute to Paul that Cody carries on the Walker name in 'The Fast and The Furious' movies."
Production for the next film is currently underway in California. Cody is pictured filming a scene with Jordana Brewster who plays Mia Toretto, the wife of Paul's Brian O'Conner. He is seen hugging her and holding their on-screen son tenderly during a warm day on the beach in Malibu.
Vin Diesel has also posted another set picture on his Facebook. His character Dominic is embracing his sister Mia. "Six months have passed... and I still go to the Fast Seven set every morning half expecting to see my brother...," he wrote in another post. "Count your blessings... the blessing of brotherhood..." He added, "This week's scene is intense... and in a way, reminds me of a scene we filmed for Fast Five in 2010... nostalgic..."
The film is postponed from the original summer 2014 release to April 10, 2015 after Paul's tragic death in November 2013. James Wan ("The Conjuring") takes over the helming duty after frequent director Justin Lin opts to sit out of the directing seat in this one.
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jason Statham, Ludacris, and Tyrese Gibson are among the returning cast. They are joined by new faces like Djimon Hounsou, Kurt Russell, and Tony Jaa.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest