Taylor Swift Donates $50,000 to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Taylor Swift has continued her charitable acts as she granted the cancer children of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia with $50,000. The money will be used to buy a high-tech music therapy cart which can be used by teens to create and produce their own music while undergoing their treatment at Cancer Center of CHOP.
Steven M. Altschuler, MD, chief executive officer of CHOP, stated, "We are thrilled that Taylor has chosen to support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's Cancer Center. [Swift's] gift will help lift the spirits of many CHOP patients during a difficult time."
Psychologist and director of the Psychosocial Services Program at CHOP's Cancer Center, Lamia Barakat, Ph.D., added, "Taylor's music is an inspiration to so many of our teen patients. We can think of no better way to use her gift than to grow our Adolescent and Young Adult initiative designed to support the emotional well-being of our teens with cancer."
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is the first pediatric hospital in the U.S. which is listed as one of the largest and oldest children's hospital in the world.
Taylor is currently on her "Red" Tour in Asia before she returns to the U.S. to complete her new album.
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic