Taylor Swift Donates $50,000 to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Taylor Swift has continued her charitable acts as she granted the cancer children of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia with $50,000. The money will be used to buy a high-tech music therapy cart which can be used by teens to create and produce their own music while undergoing their treatment at Cancer Center of CHOP.
Steven M. Altschuler, MD, chief executive officer of CHOP, stated, "We are thrilled that Taylor has chosen to support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's Cancer Center. [Swift's] gift will help lift the spirits of many CHOP patients during a difficult time."
Psychologist and director of the Psychosocial Services Program at CHOP's Cancer Center, Lamia Barakat, Ph.D., added, "Taylor's music is an inspiration to so many of our teen patients. We can think of no better way to use her gift than to grow our Adolescent and Young Adult initiative designed to support the emotional well-being of our teens with cancer."
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is the first pediatric hospital in the U.S. which is listed as one of the largest and oldest children's hospital in the world.
Taylor is currently on her "Red" Tour in Asia before she returns to the U.S. to complete her new album.
More Taylor Swift News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?