Taylor Swift Donates $50,000 to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Taylor Swift has continued her charitable acts as she granted the cancer children of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia with $50,000. The money will be used to buy a high-tech music therapy cart which can be used by teens to create and produce their own music while undergoing their treatment at Cancer Center of CHOP.
Steven M. Altschuler, MD, chief executive officer of CHOP, stated, "We are thrilled that Taylor has chosen to support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's Cancer Center. [Swift's] gift will help lift the spirits of many CHOP patients during a difficult time."
Psychologist and director of the Psychosocial Services Program at CHOP's Cancer Center, Lamia Barakat, Ph.D., added, "Taylor's music is an inspiration to so many of our teen patients. We can think of no better way to use her gift than to grow our Adolescent and Young Adult initiative designed to support the emotional well-being of our teens with cancer."
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is the first pediatric hospital in the U.S. which is listed as one of the largest and oldest children's hospital in the world.
Taylor is currently on her "Red" Tour in Asia before she returns to the U.S. to complete her new album.
More Taylor Swift News
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic