Jenny McCarthy Deletes Twitter Joke Following Transphobic Accusation
Jenny McCarthy took down her tweet that poked fun at rumors that Casper Smart had cheated on Jennifer Lopez with a transgender swimsuit model. She wrote, "Did Jennifer Lopez's boyfriend cheat with a transsexual model? I heard JLo gave him an ultimatum: 'it's either me or her/him!' "
Her Twitter joke was probably deleted because of accusation of her being transphobic and bigoted. One Twitter user named Kelly Oxford tweeted, "Hey @JennyMcCarthy your last tweet was really transphobic. I'm a 'learn and better' type, so I thought I'd let you know." Laura V. retweeted Jenny's message and commented on it, "Shut up forever, plz." However, there is still no acknowledgement or apology from Jenny yet.
Making someone's gender identity as a joke is considered harmful and disrespecful. According to GLAAD's guidelines, the term of "transsexual" should not be used to portray someone except the person has a preference on it.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna