Jenny McCarthy Deletes Twitter Joke Following Transphobic Accusation
Jenny McCarthy took down her tweet that poked fun at rumors that Casper Smart had cheated on Jennifer Lopez with a transgender swimsuit model. She wrote, "Did Jennifer Lopez's boyfriend cheat with a transsexual model? I heard JLo gave him an ultimatum: 'it's either me or her/him!' "
Her Twitter joke was probably deleted because of accusation of her being transphobic and bigoted. One Twitter user named Kelly Oxford tweeted, "Hey @JennyMcCarthy your last tweet was really transphobic. I'm a 'learn and better' type, so I thought I'd let you know." Laura V. retweeted Jenny's message and commented on it, "Shut up forever, plz." However, there is still no acknowledgement or apology from Jenny yet.
Making someone's gender identity as a joke is considered harmful and disrespecful. According to GLAAD's guidelines, the term of "transsexual" should not be used to portray someone except the person has a preference on it.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked