Jenny McCarthy Deletes Twitter Joke Following Transphobic Accusation
Jenny McCarthy took down her tweet that poked fun at rumors that Casper Smart had cheated on Jennifer Lopez with a transgender swimsuit model. She wrote, "Did Jennifer Lopez's boyfriend cheat with a transsexual model? I heard JLo gave him an ultimatum: 'it's either me or her/him!' "
Her Twitter joke was probably deleted because of accusation of her being transphobic and bigoted. One Twitter user named Kelly Oxford tweeted, "Hey @JennyMcCarthy your last tweet was really transphobic. I'm a 'learn and better' type, so I thought I'd let you know." Laura V. retweeted Jenny's message and commented on it, "Shut up forever, plz." However, there is still no acknowledgement or apology from Jenny yet.
Making someone's gender identity as a joke is considered harmful and disrespecful. According to GLAAD's guidelines, the term of "transsexual" should not be used to portray someone except the person has a preference on it.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season