Jenny McCarthy Deletes Twitter Joke Following Transphobic Accusation
Jenny McCarthy took down her tweet that poked fun at rumors that Casper Smart had cheated on Jennifer Lopez with a transgender swimsuit model. She wrote, "Did Jennifer Lopez's boyfriend cheat with a transsexual model? I heard JLo gave him an ultimatum: 'it's either me or her/him!' "
Her Twitter joke was probably deleted because of accusation of her being transphobic and bigoted. One Twitter user named Kelly Oxford tweeted, "Hey @JennyMcCarthy your last tweet was really transphobic. I'm a 'learn and better' type, so I thought I'd let you know." Laura V. retweeted Jenny's message and commented on it, "Shut up forever, plz." However, there is still no acknowledgement or apology from Jenny yet.
Making someone's gender identity as a joke is considered harmful and disrespecful. According to GLAAD's guidelines, the term of "transsexual" should not be used to portray someone except the person has a preference on it.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress