Jenny McCarthy Deletes Twitter Joke Following Transphobic Accusation
Jenny McCarthy took down her tweet that poked fun at rumors that Casper Smart had cheated on Jennifer Lopez with a transgender swimsuit model. She wrote, "Did Jennifer Lopez's boyfriend cheat with a transsexual model? I heard JLo gave him an ultimatum: 'it's either me or her/him!' "
Her Twitter joke was probably deleted because of accusation of her being transphobic and bigoted. One Twitter user named Kelly Oxford tweeted, "Hey @JennyMcCarthy your last tweet was really transphobic. I'm a 'learn and better' type, so I thought I'd let you know." Laura V. retweeted Jenny's message and commented on it, "Shut up forever, plz." However, there is still no acknowledgement or apology from Jenny yet.
Making someone's gender identity as a joke is considered harmful and disrespecful. According to GLAAD's guidelines, the term of "transsexual" should not be used to portray someone except the person has a preference on it.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video