Maroon 5 to Drop 'Maps' as Lead Single of New Album 'V'
Maroon 5 has announced the first single off their upcoming fifth studio album, "V". On Tuesday, June 3, the band took to Twitter to reveal that the LP's lead cut would be called "Maps". The track is scheduled to impact radio and iTunes on June 16.
"V" is due out on September 2 via Interscope Records. It was recorded by Adam Levine and his bandmates in Los Angeles over the past year with producers Max Martin, Benny Blanco, Ryan Tedder, Shellback and Sam Martin.
The album also sees the Grammy-winning group reuniting with long-time keyboardist Jesse Carmichaeel who took a hiatus while the band recorded their 2012 LP "Overexposed".
In addition to preparing a new album, Maroon 5's frontman Levine is gearing up for the release of a film titled "Begin Again" where he makes his big screen debut. Also starring Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo, the movie is slated to open in U.S. theaters on June 27.
Later this year, the vocalist will return for the upcoming season of "The Voice". He's set to reprise his role as a coach alongside Blake Shelton, Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off