Metallica May Be Banned From Glastonbury due to Frontman's Support of Bear Hunting
An online petition has been launched demanding Metallica to be removed from the line-up of performers at the upcoming Glastonbury Festival. Someone started the petition on Facebook after news broke that the band's frontman James Hetfield would narrate a new TV show on the History Channel that chronicles bear hunting in Alaska.
"This page is an appeal to Glastonbury to remove Metallica from their lineup," the page's administrator wrote in a post. "We believe James Hetfield's support of big-game hunting is incompatible with the spirit of Glastonbury and brings its good name into disrepute."
The admin added in another post, "I doubt very much that James Hetfield is the first high-profile big-game hunter to grace the stages - I'm sure there have been many. I do, however, doubt that any of them have had a prime time History show promoting his view that hunting is a good thing to do, on at the same time. This double exposure gives his views extra publicity and acceptability, and this is where we can have an effect."
The Facebook page has garnered 12,000 likes. The administrator has also asked supporters to contact the History Channel and tell them to remove the program, which will premiere on June 8.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert