Metallica May Be Banned From Glastonbury due to Frontman's Support of Bear Hunting
An online petition has been launched demanding Metallica to be removed from the line-up of performers at the upcoming Glastonbury Festival. Someone started the petition on Facebook after news broke that the band's frontman James Hetfield would narrate a new TV show on the History Channel that chronicles bear hunting in Alaska.
"This page is an appeal to Glastonbury to remove Metallica from their lineup," the page's administrator wrote in a post. "We believe James Hetfield's support of big-game hunting is incompatible with the spirit of Glastonbury and brings its good name into disrepute."
The admin added in another post, "I doubt very much that James Hetfield is the first high-profile big-game hunter to grace the stages - I'm sure there have been many. I do, however, doubt that any of them have had a prime time History show promoting his view that hunting is a good thing to do, on at the same time. This double exposure gives his views extra publicity and acceptability, and this is where we can have an effect."
The Facebook page has garnered 12,000 likes. The administrator has also asked supporters to contact the History Channel and tell them to remove the program, which will premiere on June 8.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?