First Teaser for Foo Fighters Docuseries on HBO
HBO has shared the first teaser for its documentary series "Foo Fighters Sonic Highways". First debuted during the 29th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on the cable channel last weekend, the video is narrated by Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl.
In it, Grohl declares their mission to record their upcoming eighth album, which is yet to be titled, "at different studios all over the country." He continues, "Doing something to make it new. You can tie all of these people and places together with these sonic highways. This is a musical map of America."
The docuseries will follow Grohl and his bandmates as they travel across the country to record their new album at eight legendary studios in eight different cities. Grohl directs the new series, which hasn't got a premiere date.
"I've pulled up the family tree of American music and exposed its roots to find inspiration for the next Foo Fighters album," Grohl says of their mission.
He recently also explained his decision to capture the process in a docuseries, "After making Sound City, I realized that the pairing of music and documentary works well because the stories give substance and depth to the song, which makes for a stronger emotional connection. So I thought, 'I want to do this again, but instead of just walking into a studio and telling its story, I want to travel across America and tell its story.' "
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers